Mod Idea(s)

Rambo SwagsRambo Swags Join Date: 2012-09-29 Member: 161080Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Suggesting a Mod idea based off Marine turtling</div>I realized some of the best matches I have are when Marines are forced to turtle up in they're last base and hold down what they have left until they're inevitable death. I enjoy playing both sides of this scenario because its just flat out fun. A Mod that would use marine turtling as its foundation could potentially be the NS2 version of NS1's combat mode considering its constant battling and minimal strategy. There's many ways I'm sure that this can be done but I generally see it as marines starting off at one base and slowly defending and gathering resources to improve equipment while aliens maintain steady wave rushes. For marines to win, maybe a countdown would be used. I have no knowledge of modding so this is out of my league.

Comments

• Bad MojoBad Mojo Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67317Members
    It's not a bad idea. I think it could be a fun gameplay mode. The only thing is, occurances of this happening in "classic" mode would have to be more or less eliminated (in my opinion) to avoid redundancy.

If this were ever to come to fruition though, it is in the very distant future. The main focus for the game right now is optimizing the performance of the engine and the servers, then balancing the gameplay, followed by fleshing out the rest of the significant features that the devs have yet to implement.
  • IllidanIllidan Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19861Members
    Sounds like the Survival-Mode of UT3 :-P

+1 for ur mod idea though. I like it! It's not a replacement of the combat mode (and there's already a mod running), but as another mod it would be cool to see!