ingame Keymapping issue

cuddycuddy Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164951Members
edited October 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">keymapping issue</div>Me being a lefty dont play the game using WASD, no, i use IJKL. the problem is that when i tried to map to those buttons all but one worked to map.. and that is the letter L.

no idea why this is, but now im hunting the settings file to see if i can manually do it but havent found where you hide it. :P hot fix it or point me to the settingsfile so i can try to change it, would be great :D

btw using a swedish keyboard if that is for some kind of "bughunting information"

Cheers!

"Window confusion is the greatest! noticed i posted this in the wrong part of the forums :P"

Comments

• DuskDusk Join Date: 2011-06-24 Member: 106114Members, Constellation
    in game open the console and type:
    bind L ""

That will clear the key binding for L. Then go into the menu and try to bind it to what you want. Also the L has to be capitalized.

Also you could just type what you want it bound to in the "" but since i don't know what you are trying to bind and the marine and alien sides are different i recommend trying the way i described.
  • jasonyurojasonyuro Join Date: 2012-10-28 Member: 164186Members
    I get the same deal, 'L' is broken :(. I assume the "Unrecognized key name" entries in the log file are me trying to bind L.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->Date: 11/01/12
    Time: 09:07:45
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Build 227
    Steam initialized
    Render Device: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (8.17.10.1119)
    Error: Couldn't start recording (An invalid parameter was passed to this function. )
    Sound Device: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) stereo
    Record Device:
    Loading config://ConsoleBindings.json
    Loading config://FavoriteServers.json
    Main Menu Initialized at Version: 227
    Error: Unrecognized key name ''
    Error: Unrecognized key name ''
    Error: Attempted to load remote options from a file that does not exist.<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
  • SixPairsOfFeetSixPairsOfFeet Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146689Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Excuse me if I just butt in, but I have a problem with key bindings, too. albeit a different one:

The first three keys in the lowest row of my keyboard are Mod4, ü, ö and ä. When I try to bind something to those keys, the menu will act as if i had pressed z x or c. When i try to bind it via the console it says it doesn't know the key.

Help? :(

(also there's some really funky stuff going on where the bindings menu can get in a weird state where it is displayed, but you have no mouse cursor and you can look around the map >_<)