NS2 Gather channel ; Scrims & Organized games for everyone !

BodyGuardBodyGuard Join Date: 2005-02-13 Member: 41012Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">#ns2.gather @ irc.gamesurge.net</div>Good morning everyone !

I'll make this as quick as possible, as I tend to overwrite stuff.

The channel #ns2.gather (on the irc.gamesurge.net network) is now up and running ; we don't have a bot yet. But... What is this?

Well, let me explain this to you as best as I can, in a language that isn't mine :

It's an irc channel that will help people find other players. To do what? Play competitive games, but in a friendly manner. You'll be able to organize scrims, or 'pickup games' or 'gathers', as we used to call them. It is a game involving 12 players, like you, that joined the channel and chose to join a game afterwards ; you'll try to even teams, play with or against your friends, get a strategy, chose a commander, and play a full game, until the end.

The whole point of this is to get players used to competitive play, but without all the complications or obligations of being in a proper team. You'll find good players there, that will probably lead you and help you, and also beginners, that will be there mostly to play the game as it should be, and learn as much as possible in a good atmosphere.

It used to be the most awesome way to play back in the days, part from the actual real clan games. I met a lot of players there, now I can call them friends. Good times, and i'm hoping to see that happen again.

The channel is up, but there is no bot yet, so you'll have to find players "by yourself", but I'll get a bot running as soon as possible so we can just type " !add" and the bot will gather players automaticly.

Please, give me feedback, suggestions, and of course, spread the word. The more popular it is, the better it will be !

Best Regards,
Zil

Comments