My Second impression,

AgeOfHadesAgeOfHades Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164919Members
edited November 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Game feedback so far</div>Well im back after having atleast 6-10 games so far, and honestly, as much as a love aliens going them in games in always a great pain.

big issue i find, is that they Require so much more work and co-operation than the marines, i'm all for co-operation, when it works, but ive learned from various games that also require teamwork, it is very, very hard to rely on a pub (a normal person in a game)

i see it as in this game, most people are more intent on trying to kill the enemy or just have fun to either listen to the comm, other players or even to look at the map once in awhile and see just what the hell is going on in games. otherwise u just get frustrated as a commander when your team is running around all spread out not really doing anything despite what u ask or as another player trying to be strategical and asking for help, and getting nothing.

another thing thats probably been discussed to death about, i feel that once the marines get shotguns and armour upgrades that the skulk, unless your entire team somehow manages to get together and cohesively push, becomes pretty much a small nuisance that takes some of your armour and ammo away. how come the aliens dont get things like a permanent armour / bite upgrade, lerks could get a chance to poison enemies while shooting, things like this.

and even tho the Gorge isnt a combat unit, its first attack seems useless if the enemy can move left and right slightly. and their hydras, im sure in some situations they're good, but once the enemy either gets better weapons, have intelligence or armour, they seem to fall away as being usefull pretty damn quickly.

not sure if this was a bug or if it didnt matter later on but i had a friend try going on people to use xenocide and apparently did nothing, idk wether a later game marine can just fully absorb it or wether he missed them while being in the middle of all 3 marines.

i also feel that the marine comm gets so many more things to do than the aliens, like they were given so many more things to do and much more ways to interact with the marines, whereas the extent of alien comm involvement is nutrient mist to help them evolve faster, and a wall that can only be used on infestation which i also believe goes away way and i also think that infestation goes away far to quickly when a cyst dies.

Now, i love this game, and i love the aliens but i swear they're lacking in love, and require far 2 much community co-operation.
But hey, Great game and i still am just a rookie so i havnt been following along as much as you pros. these are just my thoughts thus far

Comments

• Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    keep in mind that the game was only just released: there are tons of rookies around. teamplay/tactics will most likely improve over time just like in the beta. maybe not as much as people might be less dedicated, but i think it's way too early to judge this yet.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->how come the aliens dont get things like a permanent armour / bite upgrade<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    well, the game is very asymetrical. if you want to compare it, then weapon and armor upgrades should be compared with things like leap and carapace (which are quite powerful).
    if you want to compare the shotgun to anything, it should be life forms. leap and all the other upgrades are free for the skulk, shotgun costs 20 pres unless you pick it up from a comrade.

as for hydras and clogs, they are more for buying time until your team arrives to defend the hive or to force an enemy to retreat right away. after all, fighting turrets is not that much fun. if you stick with your hydras and heal them, they can still be pretty powerful though.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->not sure if this was a bug or if it didnt matter later on but i had a friend try going on people to use xenocide and apparently did nothing<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    xenocide has a chargeup time until you blow up. a single xenocide is also not enough to instantly kill a fully upgraded marine, still deals massive damage though.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i also feel that the marine comm gets so many more things to do than the aliens<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    thats true. several alien commanders sometimes go gorge to place some hydras or to build up the 2nd hive once it is dropped.
  • unkindunkind Join Date: 2012-02-04 Member: 143563Members
    you have to lead the gorge's shot lol, it isn't hitscan.

and everybody in the game should use teamwork, use a mic

if you don't use a mic, don't ###### about there not being any teamwork.
  • AgeOfHadesAgeOfHades Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164919Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2006183:date=Nov 2 2012, 08:53 PM:name=unkind)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (unkind @ Nov 2 2012, 08:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006183"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->you have to lead the gorge's shot lol, it isn't hitscan.

and everybody in the game should use teamwork, use a mic

if you don't use a mic, don't ###### about there not being any teamwork.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lol, assuming people listen then sure, a mic is useful,
    and not every1 either wants to listen, can hear the people speaking, or just dont care and wanna kill people
    and leading shots? lol, what is this amazingly innovative thing u speak of, heaven forbid they just oh idk, strafe from right to left in such a way that u know, u miss generally.

and to the other guy, sure skulks get those things, but their bite never changes, takes a decent chunk of time for them to eventually kill a late game marine, unless this marine is bad, or getting swarmed the skulk will prob die, idk, it just seems that atm its not as fun to play aliens.
  • BitcrusherBitcrusher Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156628Members
    Skulks are really effective, its just that you have to get in close. Either go as a pack or be ninja. Fade and Onos are super strong with a pocket gorge.
    Skulk bite never changes but they get free upgrades that make them more effective. Leap and celerity makes them deadly and fast in a pack.
  • AgeOfHadesAgeOfHades Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164919Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2006192:date=Nov 2 2012, 09:08 PM:name=Bitcrusher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bitcrusher @ Nov 2 2012, 09:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006192"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Skulks are really effective, its just that you have to get in close. Either go as a pack or be ninja. Fade and Onos are super strong with a pocket gorge.
    Skulk bite never changes but they get free upgrades that make them more effective. Leap and celerity makes them deadly and fast in a pack.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i spose the problem is still getting packs requires co-operation, i havnt seen alot of it, althought when it happens it is pretty cool