How to limit fps?

McFailMcFail Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164979Members
<div class="IPBDescription">without vsync</div>I would like to limit it to around 45, so it doesn't dip that often like it does when its not limited.

I have an ati card.

Comments

• PsyqhicalPsyqhical Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166749Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2009520:date=Nov 4 2012, 02:26 PM:name=McFail)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (McFail @ Nov 4 2012, 02:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009520"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would like to limit it to around 45, so it doesn't dip that often like it does when its not limited.

I have an ati card.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Might I first add that lowering your FPS in a shooter is illadvised. High framerate is required for someone to be good in a shooter. For me, if the FPS drops anywhere below 60 frames per second I actively get worse at the game.

To get around those FPS spikes (dips) just lower your settings, But if you really want to, the best way to limit Framerate is to enabled Vsynq, what Vsynq does is it locks your FPS hertz to your monitor Hertz. So by lowering your monitor hertz to 60 (for example) the FPS in-game will not go higher then 62 FPS. If you wish to limit it further you'll need to dig into the .ini files. But again, if you want to become better at shooters I advise against it.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    maxfps 45 in the console will do that. However it is kind weird as it is more laggy than running at true 45FPS somehow. Like it's just throwing a way frames instead it truly limiting them...