Biggest french videogame website review for 18/20 NS2

bannybanny Join Date: 2009-09-05 Member: 68703Members
<a href="http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00017927-natural-selection-2-test.htm" target="_blank">http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/000...tion-2-test.htm</a>

For hilm it's all good execpt the "crysis" need config and the fact than the map are not enought vary.

This website make "minecraft" explode in france with a 19/20, hope it will do the same for NS2

Comments

• ChickenOfWarChickenOfWar Join Date: 2003-04-09 Member: 15352Members
    Wait wait 14/20 for graphics? I think NS2 looks amazing. I bet they gave minecraft a higher score on graphics than NS2.
  • MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2013044:date=Nov 6 2012, 01:03 PM:name=ChickenOfWar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChickenOfWar @ Nov 6 2012, 01:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2013044"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wait wait 14/20 for graphics? I think NS2 looks amazing. I bet they gave minecraft a higher score on graphics than NS2.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

True. NS2 has one of the most detailed texture i've ever seen. Maybe they included the fact of optimization. Or not, i don't speak french :)
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    maps aren't varied enough is kinda harsh... what do they expect, a jungle gym? air force one?

i have some pretty cool ideas, but they all have to fit with the sci-fi theme otherwise it's just silly.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2013044:date=Nov 6 2012, 08:03 PM:name=ChickenOfWar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChickenOfWar @ Nov 6 2012, 08:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2013044"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wait wait 14/20 for graphics? I think NS2 looks amazing. I bet they gave minecraft a higher score on graphics than NS2.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lmao minecraft got 11/20 for graphics.
  • GuspazGuspaz Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2862Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2013044:date=Nov 6 2012, 04:03 PM:name=ChickenOfWar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChickenOfWar @ Nov 6 2012, 04:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2013044"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wait wait 14/20 for graphics? I think NS2 looks amazing. I bet they gave minecraft a higher score on graphics than NS2.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The review says the graphics are basically very good, but repetitive. It's an accurate assessment seen in many reviews of ns2. It's a factor of the small team making it, but it is what it is.
  • bannybanny Join Date: 2009-09-05 Member: 68703Members
    He say than NS2 have good graphics but not enought vary.

don't worry it's the overall note which prime on the rest.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    It does sound like they docked Graphics points for the performance, which I think is fair. It looks great and runs competently but it's definitely not perfect. It's also true that there aren't a ton of assets in the game.
    Introducing text :

Vous ne l'attendiez peut-être pas, mais il a de fortes chances d'être le FPS multi de l'année !

You were not expecting perhaps, but it is likely to be a multi FPS of the year!
    edited November 2012
    Let me translate the overall conclusion:

<!--QuoteBegin-jeauxvideo.com review conclusion+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeauxvideo.com review conclusion)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Natural Selection 2 est à n'en pas douter un des jeux de l'année. Mêlant à la perfection stratégie et FPS, le titre met en avant le travail d'équipe et procure des sensations rares grâce à un équilibre parfait entre les deux races, pourtant si différentes par leur gameplay. Il faut la jouer tactique et fourbe, tenir son rôle et rester à l'écoute de ses équipiers pour s'en sortir correctement. Avec une communauté déjà présente et des promesses d'évolution, nul doute que le titre de Unknown Worlds sera encore joué dans quelques années.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-Guspaz's translation of jeuxvideo.com review conclusion+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Guspaz's translation of jeuxvideo.com review conclusion)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Natural Selection 2 is without a doubt one of the best games of the year. A perfect mix of RTS and FPS, the game brings teamwork to the forefront in a rare and wonderful way thanks to the perfect balance between the two races, despite their significantly different gameplay. Gamers must play with tactics and cunning, accomplishing their jobs while working with their teammates to ensure that everything goes off without a hitch. With an already well established community and a promise of future enhancements, there's little doubt that this game from Unknown Worlds will be played for years to come.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    NOTE: This is a translation in meaning, not a direct word-for-word translation (since that sort of translation feels robotic and unnatural), and as such may not represent the original reviewer's intentions exactly.

EDIT: For those who don't speak French, it's also worth noting that the site's address is literally "videogames.com" in French.

EDIT2: Another thing worth noting is that while the official overall score is 18/20, the average reader score (from 21 ratings) is also 18/20, with 100% of reader ratings falling into the 16-20 range.
    <a href="http://www.jeuxvideo.com/" target="_blank">http://www.jeuxvideo.com/</a>

On mainpage you can see the introducing text than I had translate.
    edited November 2012
    Heh, my translation just got quoted by the NS2 twitter account :P