Is there bind keys to switch between players/units when commanding?

NoDiceNoDice Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166103Members
Hey guys,

I have been playing for about a week now and I am wondering if there is a way we can control + unit/player to bind them to a hotkey. For example, control + 1 would let me keep a unit in check by tapping on that 1 twice. It's very similar to other moba and rts games. It would help out with the macro/micro-ing as a commander. If there is this feature, am I missing it somewhere?

Thanks

Comments

• viperboy0612viperboy0612 Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167749Members
    I am pretty sure it's the same. I tried control 1 and it binded some units while I was a Marine Commander
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2013226:date=Nov 7 2012, 09:08 AM:name=NoDice)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NoDice @ Nov 7 2012, 09:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2013226"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey guys,

I have been playing for about a week now and I am wondering if there is a way we can control + unit/player to bind them to a hotkey. For example, control + 1 would let me keep a unit in check by tapping on that 1 twice. It's very similar to other moba and rts games. It would help out with the macro/micro-ing as a commander. If there is this feature, am I missing it somewhere?

Thanks<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This feature used to be in a long time ago in the beta if i remember correctly. It probably got broken somewhere along the line and they never realised or didn't have the time to fix.
  • SuperflySuperfly Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3485Members, Constellation
    How would this work if your squad broke off in different directions? I can only see such an option working on a single marine/structure.
  • NoDiceNoDice Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166103Members
    Hm, it was not working for me when I tried it. I will try it again to see if it works when I get some games in tonight.

Superfly, you would have to control+1, 2, 3 etc to have different bind. At a competitive level, I would need this feature as a commander to help me navigate between each group or individual soon as possible and support them.

I honestly don't think I will have to go crazy like I do in starcraft 2 but it will be great help. I enjoy all aspect of the game so far and would like to improve on the commanding side and focus on strategies.