This game sucks...

MkilbrideMkilbride Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69952Members
The life out of you are times, really? You just get lost playing it and the hours fly by.

Especially if you're Marine, and you know you're going to lose, so you just drag out the game like hell.

Nice job, UWE.

Comments

• AzathothAzathoth Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166149Members
    Ho ho ho, intentionally misleading title ho ho ho!
  • hartrafthartraft Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72468Members
    No I think the OP's point is that they don't like the game...
  • HivelordHivelord Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17567Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't know about your guys but I had a 90 minute game the other day. I think the lack of stalemate breakers, such as seige cannons and decent alien lifeforms/upgrades means that neither team can finish each other off, even with full upgrades.
  • TechnIckSTechnIckS Join Date: 2007-01-14 Member: 59616Members
    Lack of siege cannons? Ahem...
  • DavidhenDavidhen Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162225Members
    i think this game is slowly going down hill. I only have fun at the moment as marine or lerk and gorge. fade is too weak. skulk is only good at the start. towards end game if you haven't been hoarding your pres you can only skulk. compared to marine with 0 res you can still kill lerks fades and onos with your level 3 starting weapon, you always feel useful. I've started becoming one of those evil early leavers, it gets to a point and im like screw it this is more frustrating than fun. Doesnt happen with rines even when we are cornered into one cc its still fun.
  • GuspazGuspaz Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2862Members, Constellation
    To expand wireaudio's post:

"What do you mean lack of siege cannons? They're in NS2 as ARCs, and this time, they can move and redeploy.

I don't really get "but you have to move them into position, which is a downside compared to NS1" comments. Yeah, you have to protect the ARC train. But getting sieges up in NS1 required players make the journey anyhow, so that there was somebody to build the tfac and sieges at the destination.
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69952Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2014830:date=Nov 8 2012, 03:03 AM:name=Azathoth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azathoth @ Nov 8 2012, 03:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2014830"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ho ho ho, intentionally misleading title ho ho ho!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This guy got it.

No one else.
  • BearTornadoBearTornado Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166223Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2014839:date=Nov 7 2012, 06:09 PM:name=Hivelord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hivelord @ Nov 7 2012, 06:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2014839"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't know about your guys but I had a 90 minute game the other day. I think the lack of stalemate breakers, such as seige cannons and decent alien lifeforms/upgrades means that neither team can finish each other off, even with full upgrades.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So then neither team coordinated? Because the only way I see a 90 minute stalemate is if both teams actually managed to stay uncoordinated and not try different tactics the whole time.

Even for the Aliens you should know after playing for a while that in order to successfully break a marine base you rush the power node. As soon as that thing goes down spawning, obs, and phase gate are gone. Their base will be past the point of recovery by the time they manage to return to it. My team absolutely crushed the Marine team's 3 bases in under 5 minutes once our teammates could afford a couple onos.

In contrast the Marines should never have trouble overtaking the Aliens if they have the upper hand. If you really can't get into their hive just keep eyes on the hive and its structures and send in some ARCs. Or mash out some grenade launchers and keep your position defended with some exos at the back. The marines have no excuse for not finishing the game, they've got plenty of methods and plenty of tools once the Aliens have lost too much to fight back.
  • DustehDusteh Join Date: 2011-07-25 Member: 112142Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2015081:date=Nov 8 2012, 06:32 AM:name=Davidhen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Davidhen @ Nov 8 2012, 06:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2015081"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i think this game is slowly going down hill. I only have fun at the moment as marine or lerk and gorge. fade is too weak.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hi.

Fade is not in any way shape or form weak. What are you struggling with exactly? Staying alive?
  • ZenoZeno Join Date: 2007-09-05 Member: 62183Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2014819:date=Nov 8 2012, 03:54 AM:name=Mkilbride)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mkilbride @ Nov 8 2012, 03:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2014819"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The life out of you are times, really?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • VeNeMVeNeM Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 928Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2014819:date=Nov 7 2012, 08:54 PM:name=Mkilbride)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mkilbride @ Nov 7 2012, 08:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2014819"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The life out of you are times, really? You just get lost playing it and the hours fly by.

Especially if you're Marine, and you know you're going to lose, so you just drag out the game like hell.

Nice job, UWE.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

we see what you did there...
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2014839:date=Nov 7 2012, 06:09 PM:name=Hivelord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hivelord @ Nov 7 2012, 06:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2014839"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't know about your guys but I had a 90 minute game the other day. I think the lack of stalemate breakers, such as seige cannons and decent alien lifeforms/upgrades means that neither team can finish each other off, even with full upgrades.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

what about the siege cannons??
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    That title dragged me in and was pepearing to do some serious BEAT DOWNS! haha. Seriously though, am glad your enjoying the game
  • duvelduvel Join Date: 2004-02-09 Member: 26318Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->and the hours fly by...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    so you had fun... :)