Split the forums?

ZenoZeno Join Date: 2007-09-05 Member: 62183Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Or create new ones.</div>The forum has become very active lately and after one of my threads got buried on page 3 after just one night (I can't find it any more) I thought I should suggest creating a new subforum: "Strategy, tactics and balance talks". These 3 are closely related and there are giant walls of text in every of these topics.

Comments

• NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
  • NolSinklerNolSinkler On the Clorf Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26560Members, Constellation
    Agreed. 'General Discussion' is too big.
  • hartrafthartraft Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72468Members
    This thread will disappear before anyone can follow up on it.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    General mod consensus seems to be to wait until we get enough regular players/posters.
    We would rather not end up with two dead subforums.
    That and the game isn't finished in terms of performance fixes and features I think, I hear whispering of Web being added soon.
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2016988:date=Nov 9 2012, 03:44 PM:name=Zaggy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zaggy @ Nov 9 2012, 03:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2016988"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->General mod consensus seems to be to wait until we get enough regular players/posters.
    That and the game isn't finished in terms of performance fixes and features I think, I hear whispering of Web being added soon.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But if the subforums end up dead, then you could just merge them again, right?

Anyhow - YAY WEB!
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    All that needs to be changed is for people to stop making new threads just to get their own post some attention. And Mods could merge more of those threads into existing ones.
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    But I love reading 35 threads about how fades suck, aliens are boring, the games too hard, there need to be iron sites and achievements, unlocks, aim assist and outdoor maps and why isn't this thing from NS1 in NS2 etcetcetc

TWO HIVE TRES ONOS
  • RokiyoRokiyo A.K.A. .::FeX::. Revenge Join Date: 2002-10-10 Member: 1471Members, Constellation
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2016988:date=Nov 10 2012, 12:44 AM:name=Zaggy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zaggy @ Nov 10 2012, 12:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2016988"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->General mod consensus seems to be to wait until we get enough regular players/posters.
    That and the game isn't finished in terms of performance fixes and features I think, I hear whispering of Web being added soon.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Fair enough, but please keep the signal-to-noise ratio in mind. A subforum filled with a large quantity of posts isn't the same as a subforum filled with high quality posts.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah agree, or at keast make more threads viewavle per page
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    I don't particularly like the idea. No one is really talking about strategy, tactics, and balance in a vaccume. It's getting rolled into discussions about bugs and design errors/successes and how well the game is running.

I'd expect to see it calm down a bit by the end of the month. Just be patient. I'd rather not see the majority of intelligent discussion of the game shunted off into a separate forum and have this forum made the "general vomit" forum :P
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think it's fine the way it is. General forums for popular games are always busy, that's pretty much just how it works. Nobody likes using a subforum to talk about overly specific things like strategy/tactics.