Alpha/Beta Players joining Rookies and dominating the poor guys.

XaragothXaragoth Join Date: 2012-08-03 Member: 154720Members
Saw this a lot the last few days. They aren't even helping most of the time, just farming Rookies and stroking their e-peen.

Throws a very bad light on us, since this behavior actually makes it very unfun for the rookies on those servers.

Comments

• NammNamm Join Date: 2011-12-08 Member: 137116Members
    Collect Steam ID's and bring forth the tar and the feathers!
  • nSidianSidia Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155651Members
    I always join the server with the lowest ping and best map(not docking) with people. The new players can learn or leave. No one helped me when I first got the game. I remember de Para being a total ###### to me when i first started playing.
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    <u><b>Xaragoth:</b></u>

I loath going to servers that don't have regulars playing at it

Seen a few people doing this and when they get back to playing with a quality venue they are terrible because now they are so used to shooting people who don't dodge, ambush, or have a quality comm

If you want to get better at the game you need to be consistently playing against people who are already better than you
  • XaragothXaragoth Join Date: 2012-08-03 Member: 154720Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2018262:date=Nov 10 2012, 02:24 PM:name=nSidia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nSidia @ Nov 10 2012, 02:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2018262"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I always join the server with the lowest ping and best map(not docking) with people. The new players can learn or leave. No one helped me when I first got the game. I remember de Para being a total ###### to me when i first started playing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We are talking about servers actuallly flagged for rookies. Joining those, dominating them all the time and even making fun of them is harmful to the entire community.

We wouldn't want NS2 to become like CoD, right? Right.
  • nSidianSidia Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155651Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2018267:date=Nov 10 2012, 05:26 AM:name=Xaragoth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xaragoth @ Nov 10 2012, 05:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2018267"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We are talking about servers actuallly flagged for rookies. Joining those, dominating them all the time and even making fun of them is harmful to the entire community.

We wouldn't want NS2 to become like CoD, right? Right.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well idk. Sticks and stones was badass in blops. Someone needs a mod like that for ns2.
  • XaragothXaragoth Join Date: 2012-08-03 Member: 154720Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2018276:date=Nov 10 2012, 02:32 PM:name=nSidia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nSidia @ Nov 10 2012, 02:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2018276"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well idk. Sticks and stones was badass in blops. Someone needs a mod like that for ns2.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't make me smack you with this Onos.
  • KaptajnKLOKaptajnKLO Join Date: 2012-06-25 Member: 153658Members
    There are alot of servers now that NS2 is released, so they could just change server if there's an inconsiderate prick on the one they are currently playing on.
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    If you feel that a player does not abide by a server's rules (and those can be that only rookie players or others who intend to teach are supposed to play there), report that player to the server admin. There's not much else you can do really.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    Don't cry. Just get better.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Don't get better. Just cry
  • KopikatKopikat Join Date: 2012-09-06 Member: 158170Members
    I just join whatever game has the lowest ping, best performance, and most people playing at the time.

But my aim is mediocre enough in this game that I feel justified in going into Rookie servers despite not being one.
  • {GGs} Chicken{GGs} Chicken Join Date: 2011-11-22 Member: 134663Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I don't even think it really matters tbh. You can join any non-rookie server and ###### on it just as you would a rookie one at the moment.
  • MakenshiMakenshi Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164681Members
    edited November 2012
    I once joined a game where all 5 green players are all on the same side. I am not sure whether it's by stacking or random join. The game was at like 40 minutes mark and the other team was just farming kills at that point with shades and crags on both sides of the base.

That was a rather extreme scenario but I have seen this happen a few times on both Rookie and official servers. I am surprised that some of the players didn't just quit even if they didn't know how to F4
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I often join rookie servers to comm. This usually means that we win handily. To me this seems like helping out, because otherwise new players don't even get to see a real game. What do you guys think?
  • LofungLofung Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30757Members
    everyone stack marine and i go alien. then i go lerk and pwn them all. i guess i am guilty.
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=2018533:date=Nov 10 2012, 07:53 PM:name=moultano)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (moultano @ Nov 10 2012, 07:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2018533"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I often join rookie servers to comm. This usually means that we win handily. To me this seems like helping out, because otherwise new players don't even get to see a real game. What do you guys think?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I consider this helping. So legitimate. Might have to tone down the medspamming a bit to make it more fun for the aliens, but as far as the rest goes, no problem there.
  • guitarxeguitarxe Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166148Members
    I dominate rookies, too, and I haven't even played in alpha/beta. What am I supposed to do? They are in every server I join. I find it very hard to find servers with skilled players on them.