Low framerate on above-requirements rig

private_jokerprivate_joker Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169534Members
edited November 2012 in Technical Support
<div class="IPBDescription">low bad fps framerate</div>NVidia GTX550 Ti
Intel i3 quadcore 3.1ghz CPU
4GB RAM
WindowsXP 32-bit

<a href="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50400338/client-1111-190131.zip" target="_blank">Performance log</a>

I get 60-70 FPS for a while, and then when the game gets going it drops down to 40 FPS max even when there's nothing happening around me.

Graphics drivers updated, CPU priority set to high, all settings set to low, only other program running is Firefox.

What can I do to fix this?

-Joker

Comments

• Linksys_RouterLinksys_Router Join Date: 2012-04-11 Member: 150276Members
    What kind of CPU do you have? It looks like you may be closer to the minimum specs. The game will be playable but it won't be the best.
  • truekrusetruekruse Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168714Members
    I am going to take a wild guess and say your 4gb of RAM are DDR2 and that you haven't considered the fact that the game likely isn't optimized for Windows XP. Depending on the version of your CPU it likely cannot get close to the proper power to handle the load of this game. As well many players so far seem to have been experiencing issues running this game using that Nvidia series which I don't know if it's related but it seems common.
  • private_jokerprivate_joker Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169534Members
    From <a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/#checkout" target="_blank">http://www.naturalselection2.com/#checkout</a> :

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS</b>:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo <b>3.0 ghz</b>
    Memory: <b>2GB for XP</b> / 4GB for Vista/7
    Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 1GB, AMD 5770, <b>NVidia GTX 450 or better</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My RAM is DDR3 1600. I understand that this game is probably not optimized for Windows XP, but I don't imagine that that accounts for this bad of a framerate on my system.

Also, thanks to both of you for being so helpful. And by that I mean, for ignoring any hypothetical solutions to my problem based on the assumption that I'm not a ###### idiot, and instead assuming that I can't read any goddamned system requirements specs and telling me why it's not a problem you can help me with. Go team. ######.

-Joker
  • Gunman121Gunman121 Join Date: 2012-02-04 Member: 143616Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Wouldn't that explain it though? Assuming it wasn't optimized for windows XP -- it would only make sense that performance doesn't stay steady?

And man your attitude... people try to offer some type of conclusion, and you lash out at them. Good luck getting any support with such a ######ish response.

The only other solutions might be to actually email their technical support or follow their guide for improving performance.

Though, 40-65 FPS seems pretty decent.

I'm running on an I7 and 5870 (Mobility that is) and get about 25-40 FPS max.