Where do I report bugs?

SafewoodSafewood Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166381Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Meanwhile a temporary bug report</div>
While we're at it, where can I find a list of reported bugs known by the staff aswell?

<b>1.)</b> Any tiny obstacles that the Fade hits while blinking drops it straight to the ground.
Challenge: Go to Refinery, and try to blink into the vent leading from Heatsink to Containment, try doing this as if you had marines behind your back, in other words, be as quick as possible. You only got three tries. Go.

<b>2.)</b> Welding's progress screen freezes at certain points.
Whether you repair or build a structure, the percentage to show you the progress sometimes freezes and you would have to listen to the audio cue to see if you're finished.
I believe this happens when someone else joins you in building or repairing the same structure.

Comments

• koewikoewi Join Date: 2007-08-25 Member: 61984Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i don't think, that a thread like this exists,
    though it's something, that should be created
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If there's a specific comment you have about mapping, there's a way to annotate comments in-game, which record the spot you're looking at and save the comment for the mapper to look at. Tiny obstacles might be accidental and something the mapper could easily remove.

I do apologize that I don't know the command offhand, though. I think it's a console command.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2012
    That list is kept internally, as its not like a written list but rather an interactive complex one that is shared between playtesters and developers.
    But if you wish you can PM or steam them to me,( or email) and i'll let you know if they are already reported or need to be reported.
    Thanks!
  • SafewoodSafewood Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166381Members
    <b>@ koewi:</b>
    Ditto. :)

<b>@ Deadzone:</b>
    Thanks for the heads-up; I'll try to find it in the command list, in their official wiki. Much appreciated.

<b>@ ironhorse:</b>
    I see, it sounds little communicative and more work for both ends in the long run. Alright, thanks; as long as the bugs get known.
  • The Vault KeyThe Vault Key Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169550Members
    edited November 2012
    What about the bug in menu where light is scattering all wrong on the pipe surface and walls ?
    Was it reported already ?
    ////
    I'll be able to post screenshot of that later if it wasn't reported by anyone.
  • SootySooty Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11416Members
    Can I also report the fact that's it's extremely annoying for the Fade Egg and Spur to be given the "C" hotkey. C is the map key -.-, i always accidentally drop fade eggs, wonder where my res went, and have to cancel it by looking for the egg.
  • pittlerGGpittlerGG Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 169896Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2019793:date=Nov 11 2012, 09:50 AM:name=Safewood)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Safewood @ Nov 11 2012, 09:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2019793"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->While we're at it, where can I find a list of reported bugs known by the staff aswell?

<b>1.)</b> Any tiny obstacles that the Fade hits while blinking drops it straight to the ground.
    Challenge: Go to Refinery, and try to blink into the vent leading from Heatsink to Containment, try doing this as if you had marines behind your back, in other words, be as quick as possible. You only got three tries. Go.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You will be able to blink in just fine if you hit crouch, standing fades are <i>not supposed</i> to fit in there.
    <b>@ pittlerGG:</b>
    Obviously you have to duck, that's pretty much a given. If you hit any small obstacle, you will fall straight to the ground. It's even worse when you're at 60 health, low on adrenaline and got 2 jetpack marines after you.
  • pittlerGGpittlerGG Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 169896Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2020913:date=Nov 12 2012, 09:29 AM:name=Safewood)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Safewood @ Nov 12 2012, 09:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2020913"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>@ pittlerGG:</b>
    Obviously you have to duck, that's pretty much a given. If you hit any small obstacle, you will fall straight to the ground. It's even worse when you're at 60 health, low on adrenaline and got 2 jetpack marines after you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Fades are a difficult class to play, and I could even argue that the marines you mentioned will have an even harder time hitting you if you suddenly drop straight down instead of going forward in a line. Note that I'm not ruling out that blink might be bugged somehow, I'm just saying that you have a whole lot more work to do than mention one or two scenarios where blink is acting quirky, before you will have shown that blink actually is bugged (especially seeing as blink seems to act normal in regard to what you stated in OP).
    edited November 2012
    <b>@ pittlerGG:</b>
    Some mechanics make Fades more difficult to play than is necessary, f.ex. changing direction on shadow step, but that's another topic.
    It wouldn't help me at all, far from. They would miss a bullet or two, but I'm pretty much screwed if I get thrown to the ground trying to get into a vent. It's even worse when I try chasing a marine with a jetpack hugging the walls. It's quite well done when you're going horisontally, but vertically, it's quite a mess. Go on any map, anywhere you want. Get close to the wall, look upwards and blink.
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    Ironhorse I just attempted to provide you the repro steps you asked for on how to get stuck in the ready room but your inbox is full. Ill try again later.
  • RustInPiecesRustInPieces Join Date: 2008-10-15 Member: 65210Members
    <a href="https://getsatisfaction.com/unknownworlds/products/unknownworlds_natural_selection_2" target="_blank">https://getsatisfaction.com/unknownworlds/p...ral_selection_2</a>

You used to be able to press F1 or F11 (I forget) To bring that up in steam browser from the game. I don't know why they removed that.
  • SpaceJewSpaceJew Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157584Members
    You mean like how Fades sometimes get hung on vents while blinking and have to suicide to get out, thereby losing a 50 P.Res life form?

Yeah, that's happened to me. A lot. Seems like not a game goes by on Refinery that it doesn't happen to someone. They don't like the answer when we tell them there is no unstuck command...

In all honesty, there's probably just some stray funky collision stuff in the way. I'll definitely grab a SS next time it happens.
  • White_HawkeWhite_Hawke Join Date: 2002-11-27 Member: 10095Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also tried to PM ironhorse and got the full inbox. I was looking for a place to report bugs too.

Bug:

MACs can pass through bone spikes as if they don't exist. I tried to stop a MAC train as alien commander so that one of my skulks could kill them. I found out, much to my chagrin, that the MACS could pass directly through it but my skulk could not.