Res tracking when leaving the server

mrdelishmrdelish Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167379Members
The game should save a player's res or distribute it to the rest of the team if they leave the server. I've crashed enough times when I had 50+ res that it's gotten kind of silly and I don't bother to rejoin the game.

Comments

• HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Members, Constellation
    There is some truth to this. Redistribute imo?
  • iUsurperiUsurper Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 170108Members
    Whilst I have had the same thing with game crashes and losing a lot of res it would have a downside. I can miagine people would spam reconnect and just keep giving a team a load of free res.
  • mrdelishmrdelish Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167379Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2024968:date=Nov 15 2012, 01:58 PM:name=iUsurper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iUsurper @ Nov 15 2012, 01:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2024968"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Whilst I have had the same thing with game crashes and losing a lot of res it would have a downside. I can miagine people would spam reconnect and just keep giving a team a load of free res.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then reduce the amount distributed to the team by 20.
  • Dr. RocksoDr. Rockso Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75114Members
    Already made a post about this, though it could have been titled slightly better :)

Resources Memory (Server-Side Feature)
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=124272" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=124272</a>

This was an excellent feature in NS1 - <b>due to the fact that the server has resource memory, there would be no possibility of res abuse</b> - I forget how it was programmed (operating) originally, but <u>once you dropped out your res, it would be evenly distributed among your team</u>. Once you came back, you do not start off with 20 res - you start off with 0 res. <u>Another variation, if I remember correctly, the server would remember your res and you would get it back upon logging in - I think your res would be 'pooled' into the team/hive resources and you would get them back upon rejoining the game</u>. If you didn't rejoin soon enough, you would get a percentage of the res you had before the crash (depending on how much of your res, as part of the team res pool, was spent).