Regeneration Bug?

2»

Comments

• RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why don't UWE just have a second team of experienced players who just sit around in the tests and talk about balance changes. I.e. don't suggest what it should be so much, but rather guage where the balance change should be.

I.e. 3 seconds on regen rather than 1.5...
  • frogfrog Join Date: 2012-10-17 Member: 162551Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2025416:date=Nov 16 2012, 06:44 AM:name=Kallistrate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kallistrate @ Nov 16 2012, 06:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025416"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, +1 for a <i>minor</i> nerf of regen. Don't completely revert, Charlie. Some great changes making shade and crag viable tech choices. The main thing is that the "out of combat" delay should be around 3 seconds.[/color]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1 to minor nerf.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    To be honest I don't think regeneration is really that overpowered right now. Certainly not on the skulk and lerk and gorge. Perhaps on the fade, but he's lacking metabolism so that cancels each other out. It's a little bit too strong on the onos though, but that has more to do with the general strength of the onos and its early availability imo.
  • LuminothLuminoth Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171739Members
    edited November 2012
    I have to admit that regeneration was pretty useless before and that for skulks and other small lifeforms it has become great, but you can't possibly think to keep it as it is for the onos!

I was playing yesterday as a marine on an 18 player server an we were basically all defending our main-base. So not counting the commander we were 8 marines throwing all we got at one single onos, and we had some of us using flamethrowers and others GL's. At some point we even had one exo. Anyway, it went on for more than 15 min until we got the first onos (by then they were 3 roaming around with an overpowered regeneration).

So please reduce regeneration for the onos! Not only will it become better balanced but also more realistic, as a bigger lifeform might take longer to fully regenerate and not as fast or faster than a smaller lifeform. Thanks in advance.

For the rest, you're doing a great job! Keep it up!

EDIT: PS: is it possible that the welder capabilities to heal the exos have been reduced? Cause it felt like it. Either that or the total amount of exo-armor has been increased... I defenetly felt the health bar filling up at a slower rate.
  • KounKoun Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165023Members
    edited November 2012
    It's too good on the fade and onos, no doubt.
    As for skulks, lerks and gorges i think it's in a really good spot now - maybe increase the out-of-combat-delay slightly.
    Please don't make it completely useless again.
  • TimariusTimarius Join Date: 2012-11-15 Member: 171220Members
    As somebody who has been using Regeneration almost exclusively, please don't completely revert the changes.

If anything, I'd suggest:

Drop in-combat regeneration to 15%
    Increase out of combat time to 3-4 seconds
    Lower regeneration on the Onos OR drop Onos health and armor a bit

But please, please don't set it back to where it was.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Full revert would be silly, it just needs finetuning. In addition, lategame regeneration will still be useless, simply because carapace becomes mandatory due to the lack of alien scaling.