Sound mod

NasderoNasdero Join Date: 2008-11-11 Member: 65423Members
i want to change some sounds in game make the aliens more creepy the marines more beefy, the sounds are stored in so called

feb. and fev. data folders they work like bin and cue for cds so the one fil contains all the data and the otherone is the index in which even wich dats should be played.

ok here comes the problem: i have no idea how to mod this data, i allready go the FMOD stuff on my pc (the company that invented this ###### little file format)
the FMOD Designer and Studio, but somehow its like an .exe file i cant "decompile" them to get the content and more important to see
the structure of the index file so i can put it back together in 1 pice.

someone got expirience with this ?

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->maybe some DEVs can help? cuz they KNOW the answer? <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

thanks for any comment im really desperate on this one and i want a sound mod so badly...

Comments

• JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited November 2012
    I have written a short instruction there:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=124351" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=124351</a>
  • NasderoNasdero Join Date: 2008-11-11 Member: 65423Members
    nice thread! helps defenetly but what i dont get is:

as far as i understood there are specific "codes" or "events" when a sound should be played,
    so if i just create a new .fsb with a couple of gun sounds or background sounds, how is the
    game supossed to know when to play which sound? this part i did not get to be honest.

and i guess i also should watch for the lengh of a sound that it fits the animation and the
    repetativness (full auto fire for example). If there is a clue for this there will be a sound mod
    from me at the end of this week.