So much negativity here.

2»

Comments

• MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    This is way too gushy. There's hardly a ton of negative posts and even they are filled with half nay and half yaysayers. And there's barely any traffic in 'em. Most people are playing the game. I think we're doing fine. o_o'
  • PseudoKnightPseudoKnight Join Date: 2002-06-18 Member: 791Members
    One thing I've realized when playing other multiplayer games is that NS and NS2 have a dynamic narrative. It's one of the things that makes it so attractive to me. Most matches play out differently than the last due to a breadth of objectives, play styles, strategies, map control, structures, and upgrades. And each match creates its own story, win or lose. The battles matter in ways most other games don't even get close to touching.

I played the combat mod today, and while the fun fighting is there, the story is gone, leaving you with nothing to fight for and almost nothing memorable.
  • godriflegodrifle Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58815Members
    "So much negativity here"

That's a very negative way of looking at it.

How about "Let's have more positivity!"
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2037633:date=Nov 30 2012, 01:35 PM:name=godrifle)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (godrifle @ Nov 30 2012, 01:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037633"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"So much negativity here"

How about "Let's have more positivity!"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That's exactly what came to my mind when I saw it. :)

How about a fresh start in a day or two?
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2034382:date=Nov 25 2012, 09:13 PM:name=Dogface)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dogface @ Nov 25 2012, 09:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2034382"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I love NS2 enough to have sunk almost 100 hours into it already, and I envision many more. I'm massively impressed by the team's achievement in making it to such a successful release despite all the hardship. The engine is an amazing accomplishment as well.

Specific things I love? The exos in general. When I turned on the spotlight for the first time, I grinned. I love the way the BWWAAAARRTTT minigun sound echoes through half the map.

I love the depth, especially for the alien commander with all the different abilities you can use, if you can learn how to do it effectively.

I love it when the lights go out in a heavily-defended marine base.

I love it when skulks pour out of the goddamned walls. I love leaping silently from the ceiling onto a lone marine's head.

I love some of the insane comebacks I've seen, where a dominant team doesn't press their advantage or leaves an opening, and the defenders snipe a victory.

I love zooming about the place with blink, and flying as a lerk.

I love the way onoses make the walls rattle. And how terrifying it is to see one charging down the corridor towards you at full speed.

And so much more. Awesome game! Fact is!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My words exactly, absolutely lovely atmosphere and it's there every time in every game and I have yet to grow numb of it.
  • m0rdm0rd Join Date: 2012-11-26 Member: 173223Members
    edited November 2012
    This is nothing. In fact i'd say this amount of negative feedback is relatively on par after witnessing the downfalls of some of the other big releases this year...

This game truly is amazing though. I've been an NS player since about 2004, and despite the changes, this game delivered everything. A shining light in an ocean of fecal matter in 2012.

<!--quoteo(post=2037627:date=Nov 30 2012, 01:26 PM:name=PseudoKnight)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PseudoKnight @ Nov 30 2012, 01:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037627"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->One thing I've realized when playing other multiplayer games is that NS and NS2 have a dynamic narrative. It's one of the things that makes it so attractive to me. Most matches play out differently than the last due to a breadth of objectives, play styles, strategies, map control, structures, and upgrades. And each match creates its own story, win or lose. The battles matter in ways most other games don't even get close to touching.

I played the combat mod today, and while the fun fighting is there, the story is gone, leaving you with nothing to fight for and almost nothing memorable.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm glad it's there though. It helps break up some of the monotony of pub play and lets me shut my brain off for a little :)
  • AzathothAzathoth Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166149Members
    I'd like to compliment the fact that UWE managed to cram so much atmosphere into a multiplaer shooter. Generally in multiplayer games, no matter how much I enjoy them, I never get really sucked in, not so with NS2, most likely due to the lack of game-y mechanics (levelling, jam-screen health etc. etc.)
  • HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Members, Constellation
    I'm surprised they haven't banned half the forum yet. Kudos. Honestly.
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2037633:date=Nov 29 2012, 09:35 PM:name=godrifle)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (godrifle @ Nov 29 2012, 09:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037633"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"So much negativity here"

How about "Let's have more positivity!"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm sorry, Sometimes I just think the glass is half full...

of piss :P
  • kalvkalv Join Date: 2004-09-04 Member: 31339Members
    I'm always friendly with noobs and don't take things too seriously. But when I comm and half my team is 0-10 and they start blaming me...