Troll comanders ...in abundence today?!

GreenfireeGreenfiree Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173673Members
What is going on...two servers two random troll commanders I've played NS1 loved it for years waited and beta tested NS2 love it but for some reason today Trolls are out in abundance? there needs to be a way to stop people from changing their names and stuff...

one "jack^&*^&*" on the server kept rushing to command chair dropping a bunch of armories and then selling the IP.... then when we managed to not get him in the chair he at some point changed his name and got our current commander kicked from the chair and jumped in sold everything and did the same!

same deal with 2nd server but different guy ...seriously WTF. all i wanted to do today was log on shoot people eat people and have fun maybe command a few if need be. but no random troll jacka#$%'s had to be on playing

Sorry had to vent here see if anyone else has had the same experiences.

Comments

• GhozerGhozer Join Date: 2003-05-22 Member: 16617Members, Constellation
    I was also in these servers (green's a friend of mine) and well, It damn well pissed me off too...

There should be some internal voting system to kick/ban players from a server, even a temp ban (1 hour?) would be enough...

My experience of the NS1 community, vs the NS2 community is greatly different.

i'm an old time player from PlayTesting NS1 (though I lost that steam acc't) and being constellation member, and there at the peak of NS1, and the steam switch over, and even pre-ordered NS2 as soon as it was announced..

The NS1 community was great, friendly, and fun to play with, but NS2 is turning really bad, from people raging and hating, to trolls galore, it seems to take a good hour to find a decent game now!... it was fine on release day, but I can already see it getting worse and worse, and this upsets me! :(
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    This has been happening a lot . People need to pay attention . If you see a jerk start dropping armories and recycling IP, eject him immediately and jump in the chair.

One trick they use is to get on the mic and say "Hey the comm chair is bugged can you guys eject me please" when really he is not the comm.. usually they change their name to match the real comm. Most of the time the real comm is too slow to realize what happening, and doesn't have a mic to respond before he's kicked. Which brings me to my next point - if you are going to comm make sure you watch out for trolls and HAVE A DAMN MIC!

And finally, as a marine try to pay attention to whats going on .. if you hear some jerk say "eject me please the chair is bugged" and you notice his name is not in yellow as he talks, he isnt the comm! Don't do anything he says..
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Never seen that happen before, luckily.

But instead I had a f***ing exploiter in a game today who bound his trigger to the mouse wheel. Have fun dying instantly as Skulk as soon as he sees you. He even killed three Skulks that were attacking a power node in their base at once in less than a second, just with his pistol.
    I honestly can't believe how UWE never even thought of such common exploits on weapons without fire rate limits and released the game that way. I really hope they fix it as soon as possible or they will quickly have a lot of pissed alien players with bad first impressions of the game.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2012
    There's already a .1 delay for pistol shots. That's good enough for me anyway, I'm not looking forward to having that increased. Also, macros or quick fingers trained in arcades in the early 90s can also do those quick shots :-) .

<!--quoteo(post=2037544:date=Nov 29 2012, 04:33 PM:name=Ghozer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ghozer @ Nov 29 2012, 04:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037544"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My experience of the NS1 community, vs the NS2 community is greatly different. i'm an old time player from PlayTesting NS1 (though I lost that steam acc't) and being constellation member, and there at the peak of NS1, and the steam switch over, and even pre-ordered NS2 as soon as it was announced.. The NS1 community was great, friendly, and fun to play with, but NS2 is turning really bad, from people raging and hating, to trolls galore, it seems to take a good hour to find a decent game now!... it was fine on release day, but I can already see it getting worse and worse, and this upsets me! :(<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Welcome to gaming 2012. Play on heavily admined servers where trolls which are too damaging to the game can be kicked/banned. Even so, you'll probably have to deal with at least 1 person on the team who is mic/command spamming or otherwise harming gameplay.
  • NSDigiNSDigi Join Date: 2010-04-23 Member: 71503Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2037660:date=Nov 29 2012, 09:46 PM:name=HeatSurge)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HeatSurge @ Nov 29 2012, 09:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037660"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2037544:date=Nov 29 2012, 05:33 PM:name=Ghozer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ghozer @ Nov 29 2012, 05:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037544"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->... My experience of the NS1 community, vs the NS2 community is greatly different.

i'm an old time player from PlayTesting NS1 (though I lost that steam acc't) and being constellation member, and there at the peak of NS1, and the steam switch over, and even pre-ordered NS2 as soon as it was announced..

The NS1 community was great, friendly, and fun to play with, but NS2 is turning really bad, from people raging and hating, to trolls galore, it seems to take a good hour to find a decent game now!... it was fine on release day, but I can already see it getting worse and worse, and this upsets me! :(<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Welcome to gaming 2012 ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->Ding ding ding, although I don't agree with where it's going, this comment sums it up.

There has been a huge spike in disrespectful people on the internet that has primarily stemmed from the gaming communities; especially the console systems. Just let them live their fantasy persona, one day they'll grow up.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • Mister BlackMister Black Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173201Members
    Not sure if the NS2 community is worse. Aimbotters in clans and pub servers were a dime a dozen in NS1. More drama on the forums in the old days. Plenty of troll comms back in the day. Havn't seen any troll comms yet in NS2.

At least it isn't Call of Dookie
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2037683:date=Nov 29 2012, 11:38 PM:name=Mister Black)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mister Black @ Nov 29 2012, 11:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037683"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Aimbotters in clans and pub servers were a dime a dozen in NS1.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No they weren't. I played for 6 years and encountered 2 "aimbotters in clans on pub servers"
  • GreenfireeGreenfiree Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173673Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2037660:date=Nov 29 2012, 08:46 PM:name=HeatSurge)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HeatSurge @ Nov 29 2012, 08:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037660"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There's already a .1 delay for pistol shots. That's good enough for me anyway, I'm not looking forward to having that increased. Also, macros or quick fingers trained in arcades in the early 90s can also do those quick shots :-) .

Welcome to gaming 2012. Play on heavily admined servers where trolls which are too damaging to the game can be kicked/banned. Even so, you'll probably have to deal with at least 1 person on the team who is mic/command spamming or otherwise harming gameplay.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Problem with playing on a heavily admin-ed server is when you play very well they sometimes scream at you for hacking despite you trying to explain your not and that you have just been playing FPS's for 14 years they ban or boot you. then it's just as dumb. but eh that's only happen once to me i was 12-0 and they thought i was hacking because i was able to dodge the skulk and shoot and kill them LOL and use a pistol i guess. and i'm not even all that great i don't think.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2037660:date=Nov 30 2012, 04:46 AM:name=HeatSurge)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HeatSurge @ Nov 30 2012, 04:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037660"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There's already a .1 delay for pistol shots. That's good enough for me anyway, I'm not looking forward to having that increased. Also, macros or quick fingers trained in arcades in the early 90s can also do those quick shots :-) .<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, seems somewhat good then. Better than Tribes Ascend, who have no limit on the pistol clicks at all, despite the pistol being one of the very few hitscan weapons left in the game, making it more powerful than some primary weapons if used right.

For reference: I get 6.2 clicks per second.
  • GhozerGhozer Join Date: 2003-05-22 Member: 16617Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2037683:date=Nov 30 2012, 05:38 AM:name=Mister Black)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mister Black @ Nov 30 2012, 05:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037683"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Aimbotters in clans and pub servers were a dime a dozen in NS1. More drama on the forums in the old days. Plenty of troll comms back in the day. Havn't seen any troll comms yet in NS2.

At least it isn't Call of Dookie<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I remember only ever seeing one aimbotter on NS1 in the years I played it, and that was from PlayTest times, (and pre-steam times), right through to 1.4... and imho it was combat that ruined it :D

yes, there was more drama on the forums, but it was the funny kinda drama, not real "OMG" drama!!

and ok, there was a fair share of troll comms back in the day, but the community was so tight together (the regulars and vets at least) that any trolls became known, so it ended up with not worth trolling cause you'd be insta banned on sight..

I don't really see many server admins around for NS2, I was always playing on my server, or on servers with other admins, but NS2, I think I have been on 3 servers (including our own) with the admin(s)...

and yes, I agree, at least it's not Crawl of Dookie!! ;)
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    Had some guy earlier on the Dumb-ass Brits server. Didn't have a commander for the first minute, he hopped in and bought a tonne of useless stuff and didn't drop any RTs.

Unfortunately, no server admins were on :S
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    if there is no com for the first few minutes the game is pretty close to forfeit so you can't get mad at someone for jumping in and having some fun
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2038206:date=Dec 1 2012, 03:30 AM:name=wulf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wulf @ Dec 1 2012, 03:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038206"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->if there is no com for the first few minutes the game is pretty close to forfeit so you can't get mad at someone for jumping in and having some fun<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

FIRST minute. Not like it's game ending as marine anyway, you have people out on the map ready to build. The team was decent but we ended up at 5 tres with only 1 extractor, we had enough ground/map control and tres for 3 more extractors.
  • BigRustyRedBigRustyRed Join Date: 2012-11-30 Member: 173786Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would suggest getting your team to kick a commander that acts like that out of the command chair.

Although commanding on public can be very terrifying, I get bombarded by request for just about every single tech in the game and called an idiot for not having "insert your preferred lifeform here" upgrade ready.

But a good commander on both sides on a public match can be a lot of fun, when the team rallies and it becomes more competitive !
  • ChickenbombChickenbomb Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164648Members
    I've been seeing troll Khoms lately, either singly or in groups. Couple of times, had one guy jump in Hive, drop a lurk egg for his friend, then sit around doing nothing for 5 mins waiting for enough res to get a extractor. Other times, see some guy jump in, make an egg for himself, then leaving the server after first death.
  • Live_FeedLive_Feed Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72419Members
    i love the guys who jump into the hive, research shades, get camo and then jump out.
  • Angry ChildAngry Child Join Date: 2012-12-05 Member: 174256Members
    Atleast with troll commanders the game ends fairly quickly. Having troll players means you still have to command but now you're down a man and a half for the distraction of the troll