Compiled list of all my grievances

2»

Comments

• TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2022364:date=Nov 13 2012, 02:07 PM:name=Stubbs)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stubbs @ Nov 13 2012, 02:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2022364"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wait, what? Surely the Flamethrower is not used enough currently and we could do with another good reason to take it over a grenade launcher.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think the dev assumed that grenades AND flamer would remove webs.

If only flamer did would be quite interesting.
  • HusarHusar Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169523Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    How about that: healspray doesn't extinguish a burning Onos by a chance of 50% like it is now, but extinguishes the fire over time, so that would mean it shortens the burn time. And while an alien is on fire it can't be healed. And of course the energy of an alien is still influenced by fire. What do you think?
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2023012:date=Nov 14 2012, 05:23 AM:name=Husar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Husar @ Nov 14 2012, 05:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2023012"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How about that: healspray doesn't extinguish a burning Onos by a chance of 50% like it is now, but extinguishes the fire over time, so that would mean it shortens the burn time. And while an alien is on fire it can't be healed. And of course the energy of an alien is still influenced by fire. What do you think?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like the idea, but I've never thought of aliens on fire being extinguished as an issue. If the gorge is healing him, then you shoot the gorge.

I suppose the gorge being extra vulnerable to fire from this change would help though.
  • HusarHusar Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169523Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2023367:date=Nov 14 2012, 06:52 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Nov 14 2012, 06:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2023367"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I like the idea, but I've never thought of aliens on fire being extinguished as an issue. If the gorge is healing him, then you shoot the gorge.

I suppose the gorge being extra vulnerable to fire from this change would help though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I thought it would be more for the case of pushing an Onos back which blocks an entrance while hiding a Gorge behind his massive body you just can't reach.
  • Dr. RocksoDr. Rockso Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75114Members
    a lot of these points still desperately require attention... :|
  • l3lessedl3lessed Join Date: 2010-06-07 Member: 71977Members
    edited December 2012
    I would also consider looking into this idea. Yes, it's mine so I'm biased, but I think it addresses your issue with stomps utility and the one and two hive aliens being somewhat gimped compared to aliens with 2 or 1 CC.

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=125531" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=125531</a>
  • TimariusTimarius Join Date: 2012-11-15 Member: 171220Members
    I can fix Xenocide easily.

Just convert it to heavy damage. Then it becomes a worthwhile 3 hive ability. 200 damage to everything!

It would instantly kill marines, even with A3. It would force an Exo retreat. It would clear out ARCs (eventually)!

Unfortunately, then everyone would say Skulks are overpowered because they can explode themselves (and get a 12 second respawn, if there are eggs) to send the Marines packing.

And 200 damage really isn't that much to structures.

I'm still going to use it because it's HILARIOUS. RAWR! BOOM!

WHAAAAT?!