Current invisibilty is stupid

WhiteProtocolWhiteProtocol Join Date: 2005-07-27 Member: 56910Members
Put it back to how it was before the 100% invisibility garbage. KTHX

Comments

• d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    There's already a current topic discussing grievances with current camoflague. You could have just added to that. This doesn't really need 2 threads.

Regarding camo, my opinion is that if you take it away from being anything other than 100% invisible, it will never get used or researched (like before when it wasn't 100%) because everybody with a keen set of eyes will be able to spot you as if you weren't even cloaked at all.

If you're not 100% invisible, you may as well be 100% visible.

Although there are problems with camo, I feel it's mainly to do with the fact that constant scanning is such a drain on the marine economy. My solution would be to revert back to energy, have total energy be at most twice scan energy, and have a low energy regen rate. Or no energy or res cost and have long cooldown. This way you have to pay to scan more, but not too much, and is a one time investment (for a 2nd or 3rd obs)
  • mushookeesmushookees Join Date: 2008-03-26 Member: 63967Members
    the problem is that commanders on pubs just dont know how to deal with it

they never get armor 2
    they dont build enough obs
    the obs they do build are in crappy positions
    they never use scan
    they never get mines

cloak is easily dealt with by good commanders
  • WhiteProtocolWhiteProtocol Join Date: 2005-07-27 Member: 56910Members
    or put it back to how it was. Less than 100% invisibility while moving. 100% invisibility while stopped.
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    edited December 2012
    fix interpolation -> fix camo
  • ApheiroxApheirox Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167297Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2040770:date=Dec 6 2012, 05:54 AM:name=d0ped0g)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d0ped0g @ Dec 6 2012, 05:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040770"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Regarding camo, my opinion is that if you take it away from being anything other than 100% invisible, it will never get used or researched (like before when it wasn't 100%) because everybody with a keen set of eyes will be able to spot you as if you weren't even cloaked at all.

If you're not 100% invisible, you may as well be 100% visible.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't want to add to this thread (keep the discussion in the other one) but I just had to address this: What you're saying is simply nonsense. If you give players 80-90% invisibility they can still camouflage (yes, <i>camouflage</i> - not bloody perfect stealth!) <i>in a dark/otherwise obscure location</i> and be effective - and effective in a way they couldn't without camo. So yes, less than 100% camo is perfectly viable and 100% invisibility is indeed a problem.