Clan for homosexueles

Mister BlackMister Black Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173201Members
edited December 2012 in Competitive Play
<div class="IPBDescription">My friends want one, they're ######, not me</div>I know a few people who want to start a clan for LBGT people. They do not want to be known at this time. I can assure you that 3 of them are some of the best from MLP leagues back in the day.

You can't have a clan with only a few people so they need more.

It'll be like Komen for the Cure except its for NS2.

Comments

• GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Contact garfu & drflammable.
  • GarfuGarfu Join Date: 2012-02-12 Member: 145170Members
    edited December 2012
    yeah we already started an LGBT clan it's called inversion and GORGEous is the leader, we are just the "recruiters."

iykwim
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    I'm not sure what I'm reading here. Anyone care to explain?
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited December 2012
    I find it very discriminating that you can't join as heterosexual. A little more tolerance, please.
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2040096:date=Dec 5 2012, 09:43 AM:name=Angelusz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Angelusz @ Dec 5 2012, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040096"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not sure what I'm reading here. Anyone care to explain?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    OP knows a couple of people that are ######. They are wanting to join a clan but most likely are of the younger generation possible? (IE: teens) and fear being ridiculed if they come out in public saying "I'm ###### and want a ###### only clan". So the OP is asking on behalf of them.

Safety Net kinda deal.
  • NeoRussiaNeoRussia Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154743Members
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2039641:date=Dec 4 2012, 01:08 AM:name=Mister Black)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mister Black @ Dec 4 2012, 01:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2039641"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can assure you that 3 of them are some of the best from MLP leagues back in the day.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My Little Pony leagues? Are most furries ######?
  • Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    edited December 2012
    We're 20-30 year old men (pretty sure Rantology is actually a boy, GORGEous just feng shui's the penis out of the way), who play video games on computers... we're probably, generalizing here, the most overall liberal demographic you can actively approach.

If you can't approach anonymous strangers with the fact you're homosexual, bisexual or transgender, how are you going to get through your life?

Clan should just post, say what they're offering and why... and go about their business.
  • DrFlammableDrFlammable Join Date: 2012-04-18 Member: 150705Members
    Omar - The Wire i think youre the actual boy here, but lucky for you gorgeous' LGBT/MLP clan does not discriminate

PM all LGBT/MLP applications to gorgeous
  • Bad MojoBad Mojo Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67317Members
    This is a confusing thread. Can't even tell if there is hostility here or if most of what has been said, aside from the OP, is sarcastic.
  • Mister BlackMister Black Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173201Members
    Terkley did it the other day.

Isn't patched yet.

Always at 7PM
  • Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2040223:date=Dec 4 2012, 08:22 PM:name=Bad Mojo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bad Mojo @ Dec 4 2012, 08:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040223"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is a confusing thread. Can't even tell if there is hostility here or if most of what has been said, aside from the OP, is sarcastic.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm not sure either, especially with DrFlammable's post.

I was being genuine and non-hostile.
  • LUSITANERLUSITANER Join Date: 2010-09-19 Member: 74086Members
    D afuq did i just read?!!
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    I know somebody starting a clan called 'nohomo'.

I forsee an epic rivalry..
    Yes, GORGEous and rantology are both members of NAMBLA
  • fivesevenfiveseven Join Date: 2012-11-26 Member: 173272Members
    Why an LGBT only clan, surely you dont want to discriminate. Then again most LGBT people in clans get marginalized! Women should be in women-only clans, and indigenous people in indigenous clans.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2041897:date=Dec 8 2012, 03:31 AM:name=fiveseven)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fiveseven @ Dec 8 2012, 03:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2041897"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why an LGBT only clan, surely you dont want to discriminate. Then again most LGBT people in clans get marginalized! Women should be in women-only clans, and indigenous people in indigenous clans.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Meh its about being with whoever you are comfortable with. In LGBT groups can at least be secure in knowledge they won't be have issues or worse with another member.

Plus I imagine you have chance to hook up with another member. I probably would try if I were ######.
  • FrankerZFrankerZ Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151627Members
    how ###### do you have to be, ppl call me ###### a lot when i play on pubs.
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    edited December 2012
    I think this thread prooves g-a-y needs to be removed from the swear filter...
    I am reclaiming this word, g-a-y in the swear filter oppresses my people and proves that this Forum wishes to keep them oppressed and hidden on the edge of society in fear.

Seriously though *shrugs* just start a g-a-y gamer's group (ggg) (on steam) and if you get enough people to start a competitive team from that pool then do that: I understand the need for people to who have trouble in life (not that being g-a-y is a problem) finding it easier if they can seek out people with similar life choices/enjoying spending time with people of similar life choices but you shouldn't combine it with a competitive team I don't think, not in the beginning anyway because I believe you will struggle making an all-g-a-y clan from scratch. (I may be wrong)

And on the second serious note... Please consider removing g-a-y from the swear filter... Kinda silly that this thread has 10000 filtered words in every post/in the title and detracts from it being a serious thread.

Oh and good luck whom ever commissioned the creation of this thread.
  • nailertnnailertn Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172301Members
    edited December 2012
    What does sexuality have to do with an online shooter? I've been playing video games for over 30 years and nobody ever inquired about the number of penises that are present when I'm having sex. Am I missing something?
  • ExplosifBeExplosifBe Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58284Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited December 2012
    Just like Y4G on NS1 whose leader were openly g-a-y Just create the clan, but like them I'd say avoid recruiting only g-a-y players as it could bring some griefers.
  • fivesevenfiveseven Join Date: 2012-11-26 Member: 173272Members
    edited December 2012
    The thing is, nobody cares if people are homosexual these days. And if someone is giving a ###### clan members a hard time, how is it different from all the people that are trolled all the time for random reasons? Just play on admin'd servers. Its not like there is some community based discrimination going on, of ANY minority. And using a clan as a hookup place... what if you get 16/f/cali trolling you pretending to be 26/m/nc? ;)

//edited to remove bad words

###### ###### ###### ###### ######, ######, whether ###### or ###### ###### ######.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    The thing is, nobody cares if people are ###### these days. And if someone is giving some ###### clan members ######, how is it different from all the people that are given ######/trolled all the time for random reasons?

Thanks to the filter, I have no idea what you're trying to say.
  • dissectiondissection Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 170914Members
    edited December 2012
    f4g(e) troll alert guys
  • FrankerZFrankerZ Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151627Members
    im sure its very fun to be a ###### person and listen to people complain and call everything that makes them mad "######". Sure some ppl grew insensitive to it, but others didnt, thats why they seek all ###### clans.
    Yeah I agree. When ###### talk about being ###### they ######. So when I ###### I'm really just trying to ######. Me and DrFlammable ######when the ###### is ######, how is that wrong? When ###### is ###### it should be accepted, tbh. LGBT ###### for ###### and ###### the ###### in ###### ###### ######.

Good luck with the ###### team. ######
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited December 2012
    If you guys want to say ga<!--coloro:DDDDDD--><span style="color:DDDDDD"><!--/coloro-->y<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, just say ga<!--coloro:#DDDDDD--><span style="color:#DDDDDD"><!--/coloro-->y<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->. Sure, it's a bit of a pain to inject the code the first time before you copy/paste it, but it's a lot clearer than getting everything censored.

OT: I'm fine with a LGBT-rights themed clan popping up, but once you start accepting only people who are ga<!--coloro:#DDDDDD--><span style="color:#DDDDDD"><!--/coloro-->y<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, you start discriminating. Who's to say you won't find lots of like-minded straight individuals to hang out with? Someone's sexual orientation shouldn't automatically disqualify them from activities that have nothing to do with sex.
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Gay is no longer filtered.
    (Nowadays it gets more legit usage than not, but these forums are OLD; back then, things were not so good.)
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Well, didn't do it myself, just spreading the news...