Natural Selection 2 News Update - Build 233 is now live on Steam!

Comments

• LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2044004:date=Dec 11 2012, 04:41 PM:name=Fappuchino)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fappuchino @ Dec 11 2012, 04:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044004"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is the biggest hissy fit I've ever seen someone throw.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're really ignorant if you don't understand why he is frustrated.

Visibility is sort of a big deal if you're trying to kill your target as fast as possible.

He's actually asking really politely with a completely logical argument behind it. Calling it a hissy fit is completely misplaced and well.. just ignorant.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    My performance has increased significantly this patch, thank you so much UWE! It's so much more enjoyable playing this game without them frame drops.
  • NeoRussiaNeoRussia Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154743Members
    CS:GO has this fog problem and everybody hates it. Fog visibility depends on your monitor's settings and your physical eyesight which is really lame. At least the developers mentioned that it will be fixed. Honestly speaking, this game has bigger problems than fog right now.
  • FappuchinoFappuchino Join Date: 2012-10-10 Member: 162008Members
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2044008:date=Dec 11 2012, 03:44 PM:name=Locklear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locklear @ Dec 11 2012, 03:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044008"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You're really ignorant if you don't understand why he is frustrated.

Visibility is sort of a big deal if you're trying to kill your target as fast as possible.

He's actually asking really politely with a completely logical argument behind it. Calling it a hissy fit is completely misplaced and well.. just ignorant.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Really? The little addendum: "Stunt game growth due to fog" doesn't seem a little too much gilding? It's not like anyone else is complaining about it and predicting at the same time.
    Thanks for calling me ignorant though.

*The day I see a competitive player interact with other people without pointing out how he's competitive in some way or fashion, I'll eat a hat whole. Sheesh.
  • douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2044008:date=Dec 11 2012, 06:44 PM:name=Locklear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locklear @ Dec 11 2012, 06:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044008"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You're really ignorant if you don't understand why he is frustrated.

He's actually asking really politely with a completely logical argument behind it. Calling it a hissy fit is completely misplaced and well.. just ignorant.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

everyone's on the same playing field, i don't see the big deal. it's a bug, and a fairly minor one at that. it's more cause to upset those who need to turn it down to run the game at all, than to upset those who need their precious 90 fps so they can dominate the 90% of people who just play pubs.
  • NeoRussiaNeoRussia Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154743Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2044019:date=Dec 11 2012, 07:53 PM:name=6john)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6john @ Dec 11 2012, 07:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044019"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->everyone's on the same playing field, i don't see the big deal.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You THINK someone is playing on the same field, but you don't run a monitor that requires super-bright settings to be enabled for 120hz, and having to wear glasses doesn't help either, especially without glare-proofing. :/
  • LilbitHeartlessLilbitHeartless Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172517Members
    Is there any chance of upping the patch rate? Like once a week, or once every two weeks. The game obviously needs and is getting some love, but I think the most frustrating thing right now is knowing if something isn't patched in this build, then it will be ages until it -might- get patched and so on. Like the fog bug, sounds like it could be fixed today, but is it going to be a month before it gets implemented?

This could also help with the abrupt feeling of patches, if there was a certain time people knew patches hit then they could plan around it (this is mostly for server owners and competitive players).

Maybe there is a great reason for slow patches, I only heard it might be worry that changes all the time might scare new people away but that seems odd since if you played a game that seemed like it needed some changes, but you rarely saw any fixes (once a month) seems like that would just be damaging.

Even seeing small patches that mean nothing to me is nice, just because it shows a game is being improved constantly.
  • FappuchinoFappuchino Join Date: 2012-10-10 Member: 162008Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2044033:date=Dec 11 2012, 04:15 PM:name=LilbitHeartless)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LilbitHeartless @ Dec 11 2012, 04:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044033"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is there any chance of upping the patch rate? Like once a week, or once every two weeks.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's already been stated here that you can expect something in the new year. I'm pretty sure the big "content patches" aren't going to appear only a biweekly basis.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    First impressions are that overall it runs a bit smoother. But late game still kills my fps as always though.
  • Mister BlackMister Black Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173201Members
    Performance has gone way down in my case. Part, but not all, of it is likely due to atmospherics being on even though I have it off in settings. That means lower FPS and harder to see objects in the distance.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    UWE's changelog management system captures roughly 90% of the substantial changes with 10% of the work that would be required for someone to manage the queue manually. Its certainly not perfect, but I'd rather then work on game than managing the bug reports for the game.
  • NSDigiNSDigi Join Date: 2010-04-23 Member: 71503Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2043258:date=Dec 10 2012, 07:01 PM:name=NSDigi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NSDigi @ Dec 10 2012, 07:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043258"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->So who else has noticed that performance is worse after the "optimizations" ...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->Yes I just quoted myself ... and now important others ...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo(post=2043445:date=Dec 11 2012, 12:44 AM:name=gio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gio @ Dec 11 2012, 12:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043445"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->... My FPS is abyssmal in every server I join.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--quoteo(post=2043469:date=Dec 11 2012, 01:45 AM:name=NeoRussia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeoRussia @ Dec 11 2012, 01:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043469"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->optimization seems more like a de-optimization. My framerate is at its worse this patch ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--quoteo(post=2043624:date=Dec 11 2012, 09:52 AM:name=Ellen Ripley)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ellen Ripley @ Dec 11 2012, 09:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043624"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm getting massive performance drops in this update ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--quoteo(post=2043718:date=Dec 11 2012, 12:36 PM:name=Salraine_Chi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Salraine_Chi @ Dec 11 2012, 12:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043718"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Unplayable for me. Even in the ready room I am struggling to get a decent frame rate ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--quoteo(post=2043726:date=Dec 11 2012, 12:51 PM:name=PoNeH)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PoNeH @ Dec 11 2012, 12:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043726"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can also attest to the fact that 233 is significantly inferior to 232 in terms of FPS ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--quoteo(post=2043799:date=Dec 11 2012, 02:12 PM:name=Ellen Ripley)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ellen Ripley @ Dec 11 2012, 02:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043799"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->... previously might have dropped to 30 or 20, I'm getting 4-6 if that. I can't even play in the same area as an exosuit ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--quoteo(post=2044048:date=Dec 11 2012, 06:45 PM:name=Mister Black)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mister Black @ Dec 11 2012, 06:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044048"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Performance has gone way down in my case ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->Was this (233) build even play tested before release?! ... . . . . . unacceptable devs ... unacceptable.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->It was indeed playtested and there were no performance issues detected. In case you missed it, some people are reporting a performance <b>increase</b> this build. The issues you and several others are experiencing are system-specific.

Perhaps instead of complaining about it, you could make a constructive post in the tech support forum with your system specs?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • kafkaesquekafkaesque Join Date: 2012-12-08 Member: 174510Members
    how on earth did this patch make my performance <b>worse</b>?? it was finally getting sorta playable. :(
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2044079:date=Dec 12 2012, 11:54 AM:name=Kallistrate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kallistrate @ Dec 12 2012, 11:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044079"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->It was indeed playtested and there were no performance issues detected. In case you missed it, some people are reporting a performance <b>increase</b> this build. The issues you and several others are experiencing are system-specific.

Perhaps instead of complaining about it, you could make a constructive post in the tech support forum with your system specs?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    if you playtested it correctly then how did the "atmos bug" get into the released build. There are many players with high end systems getting ######ty fps because of something wrong with the code
  • Mister BlackMister Black Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173201Members
    Think this could be an AMD vs Nvidia problem?
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Honestly the decrease may come from the fog. Most people with low end pcs need to turn a lot of settings off and forcing fog may dip them from acceptable framerates to unplayable slideshows. That's my guess anyways.
    <!--quoteo(post=2044088:date=Dec 12 2012, 12:05 PM:name=YMICrazy502)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (YMICrazy502 @ Dec 12 2012, 12:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044088"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Honestly the decrease may come from the fog. Most people with low end pcs need to turn a lot of settings off and forcing fog may dip them from acceptable framerates to unplayable slideshows. That's my guess anyways.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    pretty much, some players had it turned off just because they didn't want it on because it may impede their gameplay
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=2044085:date=Dec 12 2012, 11:31 AM:name=Volcano)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Volcano @ Dec 12 2012, 11:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044085"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->if you playtested it correctly then how did the "atmos bug" get into the released build. There are many players with high end systems getting ######ty fps because of something wrong with the code<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->We're only human and mistakes are made sometimes. And again, this fog has nothing to do with atmospherics. It has been corrected for the next build though.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo(post=2044087:date=Dec 12 2012, 11:32 AM:name=Mister Black)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mister Black @ Dec 12 2012, 11:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044087"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Think this could be an AMD vs Nvidia problem?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->Not sure. Would be easy to figure out if everyone who had an fps drop this patch posted in a single thread in the tech support forum.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    edited December 2012
    "Laziness will then disappear from the equation" ... or your employees will.

ALSO: Why make texs in 2048x2 if no one has a monitor that does that res? There must be a scaling issue behind this I'm not aware of .... (then again, if we are scaling to widescreen usually these days, then wtf?)
  • jeffcojeffco Join Date: 2011-02-14 Member: 81785Members
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2043654:date=Dec 11 2012, 05:37 PM:name=SgtBarlow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtBarlow @ Dec 11 2012, 05:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043654"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[...], Our main issue is battling against internet outages where messages get lost and also getting lost in transitions when making improvements to fix obvious issues.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What the heck is going here?

<!--quoteo(post=2043654:date=Dec 11 2012, 05:37 PM:name=SgtBarlow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtBarlow @ Dec 11 2012, 05:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043654"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[...] there is a lot of data and different kinds of data going through the same channels and what should have been a simple task is proving to be a spaghetti nightmare for stupid reasons and its annoying the hell at of me so far, [...]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This sounds awfully familiar. It reminds of my experiences with subversion. I am not sure if your statement refers to subversion, but if so: Have you considered using something else?

<!--quoteo(post=2043698:date=Dec 11 2012, 07:08 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Dec 11 2012, 07:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043698"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[...] The patchnotes, for example, have a hard time dealing with, say, an optimization that has been worked on over a period of several patches, with many different changes made and tested, then reverted again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So, you are saying merging a branch into another branch and the reverting the merge commit afterwards messes up the change log? I thought even subversion could handle "simple" tasks like that. Certainly, it is a lot more fun with git, where creating, reorganizing, rebasing and deleting branches is fun and free of charge.
    <!--quoteo(post=2044091:date=Dec 12 2012, 12:09 PM:name=Kallistrate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kallistrate @ Dec 12 2012, 12:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044091"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We're only human and mistakes are made sometimes. And again, this fog has nothing to do with atmospherics. It has been corrected for the next build though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So another 3-4weeks?
  • The RapietteThe Rapiette Join Date: 2012-11-27 Member: 173452Members
    i have to report that your new checkbox is going wrong with 1280*960 resolution.
    But anyway, thanks you ! ;)
  • nawoanawoa Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174777Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited December 2012
    These people who've never developed software instructing game developers how to manage their time and maintain changelogs is really something special.

People, sometimes changes are unintended. Sometimes there's accidents. Sometimes certain things don't get tested because nobody thought they'd be affected. Anyone remember that Skyrim patch where the dragons flew backwards? And that's Bethesda, not a small team spread across the globe.

I used to work on a game and I made a point to always have detailed changelogs with every new release, but stuff always slipped through - that's when it was just me developing the game, with no possible confusion resulting from other people working on related systems simultaneously. A game is a vast network of interdependent systems that all rely upon each other. A small adjustment in one place can change something else in a huge way or break it entirely.

There are often hundreds or even thousands of changes in a significant patch. A developer can be testing his commit, find that it works perfectly, then another developer commits his change, finds that it works perfectly, but not realize that it broke (or altered the effect of) the first developer's change. How here's some outcomes:

- If the problem's noticed during testing, then it's a small headache to figure out what caused the issue.

- If it's not noticed during testing and it's a severe issue, then users report it and it gets fixed.

- If it's not noticed by testing and it's not a severe issue, then users don't report it and it doesn't get fixed. Then sometime later, a developer makes another seemingly unrelated change and it's just enough to make the bug catastrophic in some edge case that the developers never think to test for, causing a ######storm when the patch comes out.

- If the bug is just a performance reduction, then...
    -- ...the developers probably won't even notice it since they use godly computers out of necessity
    -- ...the developers might notice things are slightly slower on their godly computers but think, "Ok, there's a performance regression but to figure out what caused it we'll need to individually revert 300 commits one at a time to see where the bug began, and I think a better use of our time would be to work on [this other thing that's much more important]."

<!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>ETC ETC ETC ETC.</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

It's a bigger issue than "######ING DEVELOPERS DON'T WANT TO KEEP US INFORMED!!! THEY'RE LITERALLY HITLER AND MY COMPUTER IS LITERALLY POLAND!!!!!! I WANT A REFUND AND AN APOLOGY FOR THIS HATE CRIME!!!!"
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2043229:date=Dec 10 2012, 07:32 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Dec 10 2012, 07:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043229"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Currently there is a limitation which is preventing us from adding an additional key, but we're planning on fixing that for our first "big" update which is coming next year.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I hope this includes the ability to reverse the mouse wheel I wonder how much of alien wins are from marines cycling though their weapons trying to get to the pistol. Unfortunately, it is so bad many players just wait to reload rather than even try to switch lol.
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    Did anyone else just get a 2MB update today???
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Maybe we could get a quick fix (tiny patch) to fix the atmosphere problem and that might help the FPS?
  • jeffcojeffco Join Date: 2011-02-14 Member: 81785Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2044145:date=Dec 12 2012, 03:33 AM:name=nawoa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nawoa @ Dec 12 2012, 03:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044145"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->- If the bug is just a performance reduction, then...
    -- ...the developers probably won't even notice it since they use godly computers out of necessity
    -- ...the developers might notice things are slightly slower on their godly computers but think, "Ok, there's a performance regression but to figure out what caused it we'll need to individually revert 300 commits one at a time to see where the bug began, and I think a better use of our time would be to work on [this other thing that's much more important]."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Dude, you can find a bug in N commits with O(log N). <a href="http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-bisect.html" target="_blank">git-bisect</a>
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2043279:date=Dec 10 2012, 08:34 PM:name=CoTTon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoTTon @ Dec 10 2012, 08:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043279"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How about an option to cancel a beacon for Marine Commanders?

I always hotley my obs and every now and then I accidentally press it :/

Can we also implement an option to favorite a server in game?

Thanks<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This would be great +Infinity and beyond!

<!--quoteo(post=2043307:date=Dec 10 2012, 09:25 PM:name=Cee Colon Slash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cee Colon Slash @ Dec 10 2012, 09:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043307"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->To my mind the biggest problem with this patch is that it came out of nowhere. Could we have notice of these patches? 233 came out right in the middle of our team practice and had us down for an hour. Not to mention the usual upset with server operators...

I seem to recall that the first patch after 1.0 release was released in beta through steam, perhaps in future this could be done here? So people can test drive the changes before committing to them?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is completely wrong all server operators had a reads up of like 5 hours. I spent the entire day getting my laptop ready to deploy the update from the road as I was worried it would hit after I left the house. You need to subscribe to the mailing list, please read the server section of the forums.

<!--quoteo(post=2043354:date=Dec 10 2012, 10:58 PM:name=Wheeee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wheeee @ Dec 10 2012, 10:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043354"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->so what's the big deal about playing without multicore on while vsync is enabled? seems like a pretty easy workaround.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Or just playing without vsync...

<!--quoteo(post=2043361:date=Dec 10 2012, 11:26 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Dec 10 2012, 11:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043361"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We did not turn fog on permanently. Most likely this is a bug caused by some of the lighting rendering optimizations or something.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hopefully, will be fixed soon. I bet they tested with all grafix settings on max which would prevent them from noticing this. I would recommend in the future that the devs check with everything on low before release to catch stuff like this.

<!--quoteo(post=2044021:date=Dec 11 2012, 06:57 PM:name=NeoRussia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeoRussia @ Dec 11 2012, 06:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044021"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You THINK someone is playing on the same field, but you don't run a monitor that requires super-bright settings to be enabled for 120hz, and having to wear glasses doesn't help either, especially without glare-proofing. :/<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

CRT FTW!
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    "These people who've never developed software instructing game developers how to manage.... etc etc "

Customers bro. Customers.