new alien khammander tactic

JuomariJuomari Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167141Members
edited December 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
Tactic:

step 1. spam room full of cysts, whips, crags, shift and billion eggs and little more cysts.

step 2. wait till marine commander uses scan.

step 3. laugh when marine commander's game crashes and kill disoriented marines.

works, atleast for me randomly happens to me when i freakin command marines, sometimes it doesn't sometimes it does.

Comments

• NolSinklerNolSinkler On the Clorf Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26560Members, Constellation
    Oh
    Well umm
    Okay
    What do you want said
    How about...
    "Yeah great strategy I think I'm going to try this as the alien commander!"
    or...
    "You're totally right, the game is hardware intensive, and placing an amount of structures well beyond that which is strategically feasible in a small area can lead to problems."
    maybe you wanted,
    "This game sucks how come it has any problems?"

All viable responses.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    "Too many entities" should kick in at about 10 cysts 5 crags in the room.
  • PoNeHPoNeH Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58801Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    I still think the best alien strat is:

1. Research Camo.
    2. GG
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=2044478:date=Dec 12 2012, 11:24 AM:name=Mestaritonttu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mestaritonttu @ Dec 12 2012, 11:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044478"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Too many entities" should kick in at about 10 cysts 5 crags in the room.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Had this happen last night. We had take Departures and Generator hive, tried expanding into Locker Room, but the comm had placed too many cysts, crags and whips. Could not drop the hive. Goofballery.
  • hushus Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173206Members
    I find that double clicking to select anymore than 3 ARC's and start moving them around is a sure fire way for the game to lock up or the UI to stop responding to mouse clicks.
  • BrainmaggotBrainmaggot Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157535Members
    edited December 2012
    Hahahahahahahaahahahahahha!

This made my night.

"works, atleast for me randomly happens to me when i freakin command marines, sometimes it doesn't sometimes it does"

Oh boy, hahaha!
    This is some Sun Tsu ###### right here.

EDIT;
    I came up with a new one in the same spirit as this thread.

All the marines on the marine team stand on top of each other in base. When the alien team rushes, they will feint from how stupid and odd it is.
    Kill the aliens with feinted players. Win.

Sometimes it doesn't sometimes it does.
  • SehzadeSehzade Join Date: 2010-12-29 Member: 76024Members
    one valid tactic is to place alot of cysts so marines can not expand to a certain location.
    they get distracted, cannot build and your team is able to take them out.

but after around 30-40 cysts shades and whips I was not able to place that one harvester, and no way of getting rid of cysts.
    and my whips were blocked off...
    <3 the pathfinding of anythin...

stupid...
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    I guess this is a good reason to allow for removal of alien structures by the khammander. So for that feature has been left out on purpose, but I guess there's good reason for it.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    But no need for it. Just set the entity limit per building. Instead of x entities per room, allow 1 hive, 1 harvester, x cysts, y craigs, and so on...