Crashing game & visible sprites

MrCoalaMrCoala Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175378Members
edited December 2012 in Technical Support
Hi,

my game keeps crashing from time to time and i tried EVERYTHING - even a fresh install.

However from time to time the sprites are not invisible they are blue / light blue squared. Alien walls are not textured properly i only see the blue/lightblue texture. Looking at players -> they are invisible & visible is the blue/lightblue texture again. This bug occurs after map changes and leads to crash.

here is a part of my log file.

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'>Building pathing mesh for level maps/ns2_veil.level
Finished loading 'maps/ns2_veil.level'
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 565280 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 144000 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 855040 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 448480 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 555760 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 547040 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 439280 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 837280 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 774000 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 511520 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 822400 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 861440 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 326080 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 166560 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 73120 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 818480 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 257840 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 131520 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 327120 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 881120 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 146400 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 124720 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 485280 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexBuffer 497200 bytes failed (Out of video memory)
Error: Couldn't load 'ui/unitstatus_marine.dds'
Error: Couldn't load 'ui/unitstatus_neutral.dds'
Error: Couldn't load 'materials/infestation/infestation.dds'
Error: Sound 'ambient/spooky_music' couldn't be loaded (Not enough memory or resources. )
Error: Sound 'ambient/spooky_music' couldn't be loaded (Not enough memory or resources. )
Error: Attempted to load remote options from a file that does not exist.</div>

Hardware specs:
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 1GB
System: Win7 / 4 GB RAM / Intel Q8400

The "send report" dialog appeared often and i always used it to transfer the actual log.
Hopefully someone can help me / tell me if these bugs will be fixed soon.

The game is unplayable for me right now because of the constant game crashes :(

Comments

• MrCoalaMrCoala Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175378Members
    Okay, the game just crashed again for no reason and log.txt doesnt have any entry that would explain crash
    except Error loading file ''
  • phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    What texture settings are you using ? - try setting everything to low / off as applicable (leave multicore rendering on), and see if that helps :-}

If you manage to load the game, type r_stats in the console, and it'll give you an idea of the texture memory in use etc.