Ghosting

CsaeCsae Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172145Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Friends speccing for friends.</div>Is there anything that could be done about it ?

I can't think of anything personally but i just had a couple players admit that they just had a friend spec me to find out where i was coming from to biling their base. We were on a tipping point and after me rushing their base and taking out their arms lab they lost their exos to our onoses and we took over repair room...

They eventually pushed back so i was getting ready for another hidden bile rush but two players knew exactly where i was coming from everytime... It got to the point where they would follow me around while i was invisible.

Nobody believed me t'ill the game ended and they admitted it, saying it wasn't cheating.

Comments

• DwavenhobbleDwavenhobble Join Date: 2012-12-14 Member: 175044Members
    1) It is cheating in a form its called ghosting
    2) There's little you can do other than talk to the admins or in future lock spectators in. so if they spectate for more than say 30 seconds to a minute they can't go back to a team so its a case of "Oh you wanted to spectate, fine now you have to wait out the match"
    3) I guess some servers could close off the spectator mode if they wanted but I do find it rather fun
  • CsaeCsae Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172145Members
    I too enjoy spectator mode, sometimes i want to eat after a round before the next, sometimes i join in late and just want to see the game play out.

Locking people in sounds like a pretty good idea to me though...
  • LofungLofung Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30757Members
    edited December 2012
    unlike in the old days when we have ninja pg or ninja hive in late ns, most player marco movements are highly predictable. nor killing will yield you any resource. not a problem at all.
  • CsaeCsae Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172145Members
    edited December 2012
    two gorges with bile and a drifter can take down an entire base in seconds.

Its as destructive a ninja if i ever heard one. Not to mention revealing cloak, upgrades, etc.