What kind of tourneys are you interested in Europe?

VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
edited December 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">What tourneys would you/your team participate in?</div>I don't seem to find any poll options, so let's do it this way:

We are trying to put up casual community tourney this weekend, but we heard a bit of criticism and not a lot of people signed up so far (<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=126143" target="_blank">link</a>).
I'll split it up into several parts, if you have nothing to add to discussion we would still love if you participated, just quick reply with message like "1A 2B 3D 4A", depending on your choices.
We are talking about tourneys played on European servers, but no restriction for players around the world to participate in, except the ping.

<b>1. If it would be a single players signup tourney, where team are made based on players skill to make them more equal:</b>
<blockquote>A) I would participate no matter what.
B) I would participate if 6v6 only
C) I would participate if 8v8 only
D) I wouldn't participate in singles signup tourney
E) I wouldn't participate in singles signup tourney, but would watch the stream coverage</blockquote>
<b>2. If it would be 6v6 team sign up tourney:</b>
<blockquote>A) My team would participate just for the bragging rights
B) My team would participate if there are prizes to be won (games on steam for example)
C) My team would participate if there are cash prizes
D) My team(me) wouldn't participate in community run tourney
E) My team(me) wouldn't participate in community run tourney, but would watch the stream coverage</blockquote>
<b>3. What are your preferred dates and times for tourneys?</b>
<blockquote>A) Friday evening to night
B) Saturday morning to afternoon
C) Saturday afternoon to evening
D) Saturday evening to night
E) Sunday morning to afternoon
F) Sunday afternoon to evening
G) Sunday evening to night
H) Week day evening to night</blockquote>
<b>4. Region:</b>
<blockquote>A) I am from Europe region
B) I am not from Europe region</blockquote>
<b>5. If there was Gorge racing tourney:</b>
<blockquote>A) I would participate
B) I would not participate
C) I would not participate but watch the stream coverage</blockquote>
Thanks to anyone participating. Here we hope we can find something that works for the most of the community and maybe try to get something regular going.
If you have anything to say, good or bad, we would like to hear it.

NS2 Forever!

Edit 0: Edited in Gorge racing tourney options

Comments

• LofungLofung Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30757Members
    no gorge race. epic fail
  • VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Gorge racing is always an option, i thought i didn't have to mention it. 0.o
  • TizoTizo Join Date: 2012-12-19 Member: 175552Members
    edited December 2012
    1A 2E 3D 4B

I'm in South America, so I'm always NOT in the tourney area anyway. I still haven´t tried playing on EU servers, but they shouldn't be much worse than NA servers, so you can count me in depending on the date that is chosen.

I also want to add that extra players really makes a difference in signup tourneys/PUGs. Last night we had a great time on the new Refinery 7v7 with the people from the Reddit group and we managed a pretty good marine win there.

Edit: 5A for the gorge race!!
  • VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Added the Gorge race to be clear that we want to do one of those. Calling dips :)
  • ScrajmScrajm Join Date: 2011-10-17 Member: 127859Members
    1B
    2A (prizes are coolt thu)

3. Doesnt matter, aint got no life anyways so

4A

5A HELL YEAH
  • GrissiGrissi Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20314Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    1B
    2A
    3.Doesnt matter
    4A
    5A
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    1B--maybe
    2A
    3A
    4A
    5B
  • DwavenhobbleDwavenhobble Join Date: 2012-12-14 Member: 175044Members
    I'll participate in whichever one has alcohol involved with it.
  • ZegrodZegrod Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175641Members
    1 E
    2 ABC
    3 FGH
    4 A
    5 C
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    edited December 2012
    1) Other (I might join if its at a date and time that fits my schedule well)
    2) Other (I am not in a team, feels as if it would require too much of my time)
    3) Other (it depends on when. normally during the weekend would probably be the best though)
    4) A
    5) C

EDIT:
    And I second Dwavenhobble
    <!--quoteo(post=2048548:date=Dec 20 2012, 03:44 PM:name=Dwavenhobble)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dwavenhobble @ Dec 20 2012, 03:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2048548"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'll participate in whichever one has alcohol involved with it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Alcohol is always optional. If i can speak for myself then beer and rum are the weapons of choice.
  • SkugganSkuggan Join Date: 2010-03-19 Member: 71017Members
    1B
    2A
    3C does not really matter that much though
    4A
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    Some of my guys have been hit SO HARD by performance issues over the last few patches, if we werent half way through the leauge i might have thought twice about entering it with the current fps issues.

Due to this, im not sure if i would really be up for tournament play.

Its wierd as well, cause at the same time performance has got noticably better for me, and for others in my clan.
    <!--quoteo(post=2048814:date=Dec 20 2012, 11:53 PM:name=Hunter.S.T.)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hunter.S.T. @ Dec 20 2012, 11:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2048814"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Some of my guys have been hit SO HARD by performance issues over the last few patches, if we werent half way through the leauge i might have thought twice about entering it with the current fps issues.

Due to this, im not sure if i would really be up for tournament play.

Its wierd as well, cause at the same time performance has got noticably better for me, and for others in my clan.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Thanks for considering the tourney. This thread, however, is more about the future tourneys and your opinions on type and structure of those.
    off-topic: that patch brought snowball fights, you are not allowed to complain, unless you are snowman with carrot instead of a nose :)
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->off-topic: that patch brought snowball fights, you are not allowed to complain, unless you are snowman with carrot instead of a nose :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lol, the snow balls are awesome, being able to spam snowballs into the people who are trying to team stack is most gratifiying :D i hope they leave em in forever!!
  • TizoTizo Join Date: 2012-12-19 Member: 175552Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2048893:date=Dec 20 2012, 07:04 PM:name=Hunter.S.T.)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hunter.S.T. @ Dec 20 2012, 07:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2048893"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lol, the snow balls are awesome, being able to spam snowballs into the people who are trying to team stack is most gratifiying :D i hope they leave em in forever!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Especially now that the annoying music is gone... I see no reason not to keep the snowballs in there forever!

At least change them into cysts if the devs don't want to keep a winter theme in all the ready rooms... tossing a cyst at an onos sounds like fun too!
    Well we have successfully derailed this topic, gonna check all the answers an Sunday and post the findings. We will go over it and manage our future plans accordingly, but i am promising that gorge race even if it was the last thing i do.