Exosuit and Hardsuit

2»

Comments

• kespeckespec Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172279Members
    customizable exos is the answer.

buy the 50 res exo, change the claw with certain variety of weapons. dual miniguns, railguns, flamethrowers etc etc. for extra 25 res.
  • LilbitHeartlessLilbitHeartless Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172517Members
    Not sure what's up with wanting stun or stomp on exos. An onos has to get to an exo to start damaging it, which can be difficult. But once he gets there, people think he should be stunnable?

Aliens and marines are not the same, and I don't think exos and onos are made specifically to counter each other. I see onos as a way to bust into a marine base and have a chance to hurt structures while taking damage. Not too easy for skulks lerks and fades to do that. I don't think 50 res exos are made to specifically counter fades either.

On top of that I wouldn't say 75 res for an alien is the same as 75 res for marines. When I'm a marine and decide to save res and avoid buying anything I still get to play with shotguns and welders when other people buy them, and even when I buy my own I might still get a 'free' replacement when I die and lose mine, or can often run back to get my own dropped weapon.

I understand how it feels to be damaged so much by a measily little skulk as a big hulking exo. But the thing is, that skulk might have just been an onos or a fade. So once he dies he should be punished to the point that not only is he down a ton of res but some people think he should be squished and popped like eggs under an exo's feet. Or if he manages to get near an exo he then gets stunned which obviously the most pathetic stun would get a skulk killed with relative ease.

But on the other hand marines have the ability to be an exo and die but still find a shotgun and be very worth while. And if jetpacks are available they only have to spend 10 res to get one.

I think it's really really hard to balance a game so it 'feels' right. It feels like skulks shouldn't have a chance against exos but seriously... when you pry a shotgun from someone's cold dead fingers and get a couple awesome blasts off on a fade do you think 'that doesn't seem right..'? When you dive over a clog wall and mow down a 10 res gorge with your 0res lmg then turn around to kill off his 9res hydras do you think 'that doesn't seem quite even'. When you circle around a room as a jetpacker giggling as 4 skulks trail you trying desperately to nip at your boots, do you think 'a group of skulks obviously should be able to take just me down, this should be fixed!'.

I very much want the game to be more even, it makes for more enjoyable games and exciting battles. But I for one would prefer it was done in a way that didn't make aliens feel like it would be better if they left the game if they got under 10 res rather than run around as a pathetic skulk using up eggs.
  • bakkotobakkoto Join Date: 2012-12-19 Member: 175575Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2023243:date=Nov 14 2012, 08:59 AM:name=Xender)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xender @ Nov 14 2012, 08:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2023243"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Claw in exo for 50 is a bit useless, maybe should it be saw?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1
  • SafewoodSafewood Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166381Members
    edited December 2012
    <b>@ killer monkey:</b>
    I'm not so sure if that would be a good purpose for the claw, since it's already very slow, it needs to keep distance and by keeping itself busy by building it becomes incredibly vulnerable.

<b>@ ComboBreaker:</b>
    I'm not sure, really. UWE will probably give us more information somewhere in Q1, I believe.

<b>@ zeq:</b>
    That wouldn't be such a bad idea, a great trade-off for less DPS for more defense.

<b>@ SpaceJew:</b>
    Completely agree with you, hopefully we'll see something new about Exo's in Q1.

<b>@ geoxile:</b>
    I can see that working. "Itemization" can only be a great aspect to the game, as long as each item has its own purpose, with pros and cons.

<b>@ LilbitHeartless:</b>
    I'm not sure who you are replying to, but I will assume it is to my proposal, and I'll quote: "perhaps not an Onos". If damage had to be adjusted accordingly to the changes, then so be it, as long as it feels like its not a burden to other Marines.

Edit:
    Merry Christmas to you all! :3
  • SafewoodSafewood Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166381Members