Sounds not working in Spark?

Warrior JWarrior J Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172431Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
edited December 2012 in Mapping
<div class="IPBDescription">Since build 233</div>Hello.

Fired up the Spark editor today, and can't seem to get any preview the sound files when placing a new ambient sound. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I figured I'd check to see if I'm the only one. If so, I know where to troubleshoot. Thanks.

Comments

• killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Im also getting this, halp
  • Warrior JWarrior J Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172431Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm going to bump this..

I'm surprised there hasn't been any more buzz surrounding this. It surely can't be just me and killer monkey..

I would really like some help addressing this. What changed in the Spark Editor that doesn't allow this anymore???
  • SkackySkacky Join Date: 2005-06-05 Member: 53189Members
    edited January 2013
    You're not the only ones, I'm also getting this.
  • ozbirdboyozbirdboy Join Date: 2007-08-07 Member: 61827Confirm Email
    Yeah same issue for me also.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I've reported this bug to the devs. Thanks guys!
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    You need to uncheck "Viewport/Mute Sound". I'll fix this for the next patch.
  • Warrior JWarrior J Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172431Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2054857:date=Jan 2 2013, 02:49 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Jan 2 2013, 02:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2054857"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You need to uncheck "Viewport/Mute Sound". I'll fix this for the next patch.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks!!

Edit: For those wondering how to fix this.. I noticed when I went to toggle this option the field was grey'd out. If you select "Maximize" under viewport, it makes the option to toggle Mute Sound available again. Although, it seems you still need to have the viewport maximized to hear the sounds real-time. Happy Mapping!
    Ugh I hate having to post again, but testing out some of the library it seems some of the sounds default volume level is way wayy way too low. I have to turn my speakers up to max in order to hear it and even then its faint. Meanwhile the next ambient sound on the list nearly shakes the house. Might be something to look into also! =P thanks.