Stats tracker

TehSlenderManTehSlenderMan Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177361Members
<div class="IPBDescription">A stats system</div>I would love to have a stats like system implemented into this game just to track what i've done, and compare to other friends. Ideas for this are:

K/D as Marine
K/D as Alien
K/D overall
How many and what types of buildings you've destroyed
Shots fired (Just for fun)
Ability to compare your stats to those of a friends
Buildings built
Win - Lose ratio
Wins as commander
Commander stats tracked (Buildings built, players supported with HP/ammo, ect ect.)
Damage delt as marine and stats for certain guns
And lastly: Damage delt as aliens and stats for each alien

So far, that's all i've got so far. Will post more if I get more ideas. But I would absolutely love something like this implemented, i'm sure many will agree.

Comments

• Ender_74Ender_74 Join Date: 2011-01-28 Member: 79329Members
    So far it exists as a mod. Try to play on a server with ns2stats enabled then go to <a href="http://ns2stats.org/" target="_blank">http://ns2stats.org/</a>
  • TehSlenderManTehSlenderMan Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177361Members
    Oh, now that's pretty cool. Still is uncomfortable to have to navigate there, and join only servers with ns2stats. I've been wondering what those were, I now know. I would very much prefer it as an in game feature, similar to that of how CS:GO and CS:S has it.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Remove the K:D ratio's and you've got something that is acceptable, the thing is that tracking the K:D ratio publicly has a huge impact on the way people play... In NS2 you're expected to die where equal skill is concerned to be able to distract, redirect and ultimately accomplish your objectives as a team. Also this has been brought up way to many times already :)
  • TehSlenderManTehSlenderMan Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177361Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2056023:date=Jan 4 2013, 12:09 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Jan 4 2013, 12:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2056023"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Remove the K:D ratio's and you've got something that is acceptable, the thing is that tracking the K:D ratio publicly has a huge impact on the way people play... In NS2 you're expected to die where equal skill is concerned to be able to distract, redirect and ultimately accomplish your objectives as a team. Also this has been brought up way to many times already :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You raise a good point there, and I apologize if it has, just made an account to post up my opinion on this topic and what features it could include. The K:D part is a very good point though, I also have been bait many times for the better of the team, among other things.