balance mod thoughts

2»

Comments

• fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2056242:date=Jan 5 2013, 01:20 AM:name=Locklear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locklear @ Jan 5 2013, 01:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2056242"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The reason EMP isn't used by me is because it's pretty expensive for what it does. What it does isn't really that bad but it's not that cost efficient.
    Maybe with this change it will be worth it, but I doubt it.

I don't think MACs are really that viable in competitive games without the speed upgrade, and that's kinda expensive too so meh.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I also think a lot of comp teams are reticent about using it because we don't like the kind of gameplay it creates, at least I know my team is. MACs are an abomination.
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2056521:date=Jan 5 2013, 05:28 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Jan 5 2013, 05:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2056521"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I also think a lot of comp teams are reticent about using it because we don't like the kind of gameplay it creates, at least I know my team is. MACs are an abomination.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It seems like MACs are only still in this game as an unused relic from when they were <b>required</b> to build, drifters have developed to become a good part of NS2 whilst MACs have just become redundant. Perhaps if the MAC was the only way in which the commander could give Nano-Shield they would be used/Nano-Shield would be balanced, however, I believe most would dislike this idea entirely.
  • NorgifNorgif Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177602Members
    What about making the power nodes in marine base mature like the alien structures, i find that its way to easy for aliens to rush a marine base focus the power node before starting to take down the marines them selfs. Primary target should be marines then IPs then if everything els is done power nodes.

Havnt played competetive yet, but this seem to be a very easy strategy in pubs atm.
  • Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2056555:date=Jan 5 2013, 12:42 PM:name=Norgif)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Norgif @ Jan 5 2013, 12:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2056555"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What about making the power nodes in marine base mature like the alien structures, i find that its way to easy for aliens to rush a marine base focus the power node before starting to take down the marines them selfs. Primary target should be marines then IPs then if everything els is done power nodes.

Havnt played competetive yet, but this seem to be a very easy strategy in pubs atm.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Power is rarely, if ever, bothered with. Especially not during a rush.

Unless it's a Bile Bombing Gorge or an Onos trying to force a beacon.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2056521:date=Jan 5 2013, 09:28 AM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Jan 5 2013, 09:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2056521"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I also think a lot of comp teams are reticent about using it because we don't like the kind of gameplay it creates, at least I know my team is. MACs are an abomination.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, we've tried them before to "substitute" welder teamwork with medpack support for lengthy pushes. Mostly they just get in the way of your tracking and block shots..

:D