Mod: Improved Grenades

CreelCreel Join Date: 2012-12-29 Member: 176639Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Giving the grenadelauncher some love</div>Hi all!

I've posted my mod '<a href="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=117563913" target="_blank">Improved Grenades</a>' in the workshop with some features I feel are missing from the current grenade launcher. As it is the GL is a powerful tool when it comes to taking down alien structures but in other areas it is pretty much.. meh.. not so useful.

I've currently added two features that I believe will make the GL a more fun weapon to use a support.

<b>Shockwave</b>
<ul><li>Shockwave radius is 125% of damage radius.</li><li>Break wallgrip (Skulk & Lerk)</li><li>Remove camouflage</li></ul>
<b>Remote detonate</b>
<ul><li>Secondary attack will detonate last launched grenade</li></ul>

Interested to hear what you guys think of the changes so far, good and bad!

//Creel

Comments

• SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    we tested secondary attack to detonate a grenade during the beta and most people felt it made the weapon too strong.
  • CreelCreel Join Date: 2012-12-29 Member: 176639Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2058033:date=Jan 8 2013, 11:08 PM:name=Sewlek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sewlek @ Jan 8 2013, 11:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2058033"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we tested secondary attack to detonate a grenade during the beta and most people felt it made the weapon too strong.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, I found the old disabled code and just re-enabled it. It is possible that remote detonation is too powerful but in case an admin only wish to have the 'Shockwave' feature it can be configured in the <b>improved_grenades.json</b> configuration file.

In the first version of the mod shockwave also included a stun for 0.7 seconds with a 5 second cooldown. This was argued as also being too strong so it was removed completely.