Experience/Ranks

BrutuzBrutuz Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178285Members
There should be a system, where you get experience upon Kills, Building, Healing. Pretty much anything you do, especially for the team should be rewarded experience. What you would do with this experience is get cosmetic only rewards. Such as different Skins for Marines and Aliens. Or the experience goes to the rank only, and you have to be a certain rank to unlock said skins. This game needs some kind of reward to keep playing and bring more people into it. To have something to play for other then winning, would bring more to the game.

Comments

• KazelKazel Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175939Members
    This is not CoD. This is unnecessary and would take development time away from more important maters(game balance, performance, new maps).
  • SeahuntsSeahunts Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151973Members
    there should be a system, where people have to make at least 5 posts and do a how to search a forum tutorial before they make yet another thread that wants to turn a great game in to a streaming pile with one or more of the following terrible game ruining ideas:
    recoil
    random spread
    removal of accuracy with movement
    achievements
    ranks
    stats
    unlocks
    rewards
    matchmaking

Honestly could you have not posted in one of the other threads?
  • kespeckespec Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172279Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2058151:date=Jan 8 2013, 07:55 PM:name=Seahunts)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Seahunts @ Jan 8 2013, 07:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2058151"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->there should be a system, where people have to make at least 5 posts and do a how to search a forum tutorial before they make yet another thread that wants to turn a great game in to a streaming pile with one or more of the following terrible game ruining ideas:
    recoil
    random spread
    removal of accuracy with movement
    achievements
    ranks
    stats
    unlocks
    rewards
    matchmaking

Honestly could you have not posted in one of the other threads?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

you should live in 90s
  • KazterKazter Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19481Members, Constellation
    I suggest you try a few of the servers running the Combat Mod. It would be more to your liking.

Other than that, as many have stated before. Absolutely not, it turns the game into an Idlefarm or in other words, who can idle the longest and stat###### the best. Which is completely counter-intuitive to the crucial team-based gameplay of NS2.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2058135:date=Jan 9 2013, 02:12 AM:name=Kazel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kazel @ Jan 9 2013, 02:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2058135"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is not CoD.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The topic was over here.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited January 2013
    I made a guess about the registration date and post count of the OP based on the topic title. And I was right.

The people who played the game for a while and care enough about it to post here frequently don't make such suggestions for good reasons.
  • BrutuzBrutuz Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178285Members
    Wow....A lot of you think that people would just want to farm kills and not actually help the team. That's why, Repairing/Healing, Building ect. Should give just as much exp. if not more then kills. How is having a ranking system and just gaining cosmetic rewards anything like CoD? So any games with ranks and exp is like CoD? That logic is fail. It would give you something to work for and show how long you've been playing.

Why would combat mode be more my style, did you even read what I posted? Probably not. Just saw the word "Experience" in the title and stopped reading.

And this is to that ignorant comment about me being new to NS just because I just made a forum account? Lmao, I have been playing NS since early release of NS1. Please don't assume. Not everyone goes to forums.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    ns is a strategy game before it's a first person shooter. this will not work. can people stop making suggestions that are irrelevent to the game or are just plain stupid please?
  • sumo0sumo0 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164543Members
    We wan't people to work together in this game.
    We don't want people to care more about their K/D than about playing with the team.
  • bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    No, NS2 is a shooter before a strategy game. It was one of UWE's design goals to emphasize the shooter part more. This is why we have all this "aggression" and no strategic combat. <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=126677&view=findpost&p=2054122" target="_blank">"the right time to attack is always"</a>