My Take On NS2

2»

Comments

• delta78delta78 Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178131Members
    I mean iron sights XD

Gosh i hate this word now because every new shooter has them and forces you to use them no matter what. You want to accurately shoot and actually see the entire screen in the same time? No, sir! XD
  • FappuchinoFappuchino Join Date: 2012-10-10 Member: 162008Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2061742:date=Jan 16 2013, 07:04 PM:name=Amb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Amb @ Jan 16 2013, 07:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2061742"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->u know what people in the community are saying? "UWE only wants to hear from the ns2 drones/sheep". Man, this is oh so true. The moment <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->a new player has a great time in NS2<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, he gets a reply from an admin and yet hundreds of other threads are ignored when they expose the very issues that exist in ns2, today. Go ahead, delete this post of mine, silence me, prove me right. Screen shotting it.

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->You do realize that the devs are people too and when they see someone enjoying their precious game, it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You need to learn to be nicer though, fixed your post a tiny bit. Also don't worry about all the negative stuff, it gets reported and evaluated just the same - Kouji San<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I know I'm giving him what he wants but, this guy really needs to get off the petty train and try to give well reasoned arguments.

Yikes, talk about a primma donna. I know it can be hard to realize this, but the world functions outside of your head, and coating poor, inarticulate statements does not make you any righter, or any more deserving of the attention of anyone who actually DOES know what the game reasonably needs. Get on the line buddy, we all 'know' how to fix this game, some of us just have consideration for others.
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2061742:date=Jan 16 2013, 08:04 PM:name=Amb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Amb @ Jan 16 2013, 08:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2061742"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->u know what people in the community are saying? "UWE only wants to hear from the ns2 drones/sheep". Man, this is oh so true. The moment <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->a new player has a great time in NS2<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, he gets a reply from an admin and yet hundreds of other threads are ignored when they expose the very issues that exist in ns2, today. Go ahead, delete this post of mine, silence me, prove me right. Screen shotting it.

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->You do realize that the devs are people too and when they see someone enjoying their precious game, it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You need to learn to be nicer though, fixed your post a tiny bit. Also don't worry about all the negative stuff, it gets reported and evaluated just the same - Kouji San<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So you'd rather have the devs spending all their time reading every single complaining post that *could* possibly be a troll, then focusing it to develop the game?
  • MelatoninMelatonin Babbler Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14551Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2061742:date=Jan 17 2013, 03:04 AM:name=Amb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Amb @ Jan 17 2013, 03:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2061742"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->u know what people in the community are saying? "UWE only wants to hear from the ns2 drones/sheep". Man, this is oh so true. The moment <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->a new player has a great time in NS2<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, he gets a reply from an admin and yet hundreds of other threads are ignored when they expose the very issues that exist in ns2, today. Go ahead, delete this post of mine, silence me, prove me right. Screen shotting it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

last time I had a moan, I got a direct and polite response from Flayra.
    your absence of proof is not proof of absence.

also, glad to hear you are enjoying the game Zoris.
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2062292:date=Jan 17 2013, 04:46 PM:name=Melatonin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melatonin @ Jan 17 2013, 04:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2062292"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->last time I had a moan, I got a direct and polite response from Flayra.
    your absence of proof is not proof of absence.

also, glad to hear you are enjoying the game Zoris.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They've shown a consistent bias for yes men, so...are you a yes man?
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    I expected another "change this and that now"-thread. I was pleasantly surprised, by the OP that is. Keep on rockin'. :)
  • AmbAmb Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168647Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=2062314:date=Jan 18 2013, 10:29 AM:name=CommunistWithAGun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CommunistWithAGun @ Jan 18 2013, 10:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2062314"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They've shown a consistent bias for yes men, so...are you a yes man?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In the ns community, we call them UWE drones.
  • MelatoninMelatonin Babbler Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14551Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2062314:date=Jan 18 2013, 12:29 AM:name=CommunistWithAGun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CommunistWithAGun @ Jan 18 2013, 12:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2062314"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They've shown a consistent bias for yes men, so...are you a yes man?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

well no.
    When I said I was having a moan, I meant that I was complaining about a recent change (to the fades blink as it happens).
    As I recall, it was also not the most helpful post in terms of constructive feedback, as it was fairly emotive... and well, moany.

anyway, while we are pondering each other...
    could it be that you don't want to acknowledge an example contrary to your own experience?
  • Bloodshot12Bloodshot12 Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152578Members
    I've seen plenty of balance complaints on these forums and while many of them are valid at times, the way people post them almost comes off as "F*ck you stupid devs my ideas make more sense then yours"

It's great that you have good ideas for balance, but UWE are people, and trash talking the game just because you aren't sure if your ideas would be considered or not is NOT a good way to get them implemented.

I'm sure we'd see more active dev posts if all this feedback wasn't dressed with a side order of several gallons of hate.