UWE, when is this going to get adressed?!

HousemouseHousemouse Join Date: 2012-08-29 Member: 156781Members
edited January 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Vote-kicking, because these idiots are ruining the game</div>So I'm playing a good public game and as we get to the next round this new guy wants to command on the marine team. This time I'm on alien so I don't know what's going on in marines, but obviously he's just rubbish and griefing so gets ejected. He then goes on to sit in the base and write to All wherever the marine players are.

So first of all, he's obviously ruining the experience not only for his own team, but for the aliens as well since all of us just want to play the game like it was intended. Second, <b>and more importantly</b>, an idiot is taking up a spot on the server where there could (should!) be a nice and friendly player instead. Everyone on the server agrees that we don't want him there, but of course we can do nothing but watch as he ruins the game on this server for as long as he wants to waste his time.

Vote-kicking would thus solve the problem with people who go AFK in RR for a long time, or who's just sitting around in there with massive ping which is not helping anyone. And morons like this guy.

Don't say that this system would get abused because there are so many ways to prevent that.

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->*attachment snip* we don't allow public accusations around here, even if it is barely readable due to compression -Kouji San<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Comments

• nsguynsguy Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69869Members
    Why not request that someone make a mod? People did it for Source games and they are still in use to this day. I've heard that people have to update their mods after each update though, which may be why people don't bother. Not sure if this is true, can anyone verify?
  • statikgstatikg Join Date: 2012-09-19 Member: 159978Members
    I am always suprised when people make posts like this on the forum....I have a few hundred hours of pubbing under my belt and the number of times I have run into serious griefing could be counted on one hand. Are you just making this post because this happened to you one time? If so, the internet is going to ruin your life my friend.
  • EmooEmoo Ibasa Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11198Members
    AFK is now auto-kicked so that's pretty much solved; at worst needs tuning. Vote kick would be useful. Even if it just keeps them of the server for an hour it would be enough.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2065983:date=Jan 24 2013, 10:05 AM:name=statikg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (statikg @ Jan 24 2013, 10:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2065983"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am always suprised when people make posts like this on the forum....I have a few hundred hours of pubbing under my belt and the number of times I have run into serious griefing could be counted on one hand. Are you just making this post because this happened to you one time? If so, the internet is going to ruin your life my friend.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In 200 hours I've run into deliberate griefing on my team exactly once. However, the number of games I've played where everyone on the server was on an actual team and doing something for at least half the time they were actually on the server could probably also be counted on one hand.
  • semihandysemihandy Florida Join Date: 2012-05-24 Member: 152537Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Silver
    This is why server admins exist. Go play on a server that has them.
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2065972:date=Jan 24 2013, 11:27 AM:name=Housemouse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Housemouse @ Jan 24 2013, 11:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2065972"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So I'm playing a good public game and as we get to the next round this new guy wants to command on the marine team. This time I'm on alien so I don't know what's going on in marines, but obviously he's just rubbish and griefing so gets ejected. He then goes on to sit in the base and write to All wherever the marine players are.

So first of all, he's obviously ruining the experience not only for his own team, but for the aliens as well since all of us just want to play the game like it was intended. Second, <b>and more importantly</b>, an idiot is taking up a spot on the server where there could (should!) be a nice and friendly player instead. Everyone on the server agrees that we don't want him there, but of course we can do nothing but watch as he ruins the game on this server for as long as he wants to waste his time.

Vote-kicking would thus solve the problem with people who go AFK in RR for a long time, or who's just sitting around in there with massive ping which is not helping anyone. And morons like this guy.

Don't say that this system would get abused because there are so many ways to prevent that.

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->*attachment snip* we don't allow public accusations around here, even if it is barely readable due to compression -Kouji San<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So instead of this, we can have someone making a thread about how people are abusing vote kick to stack teams and kick rookies? Come on man. Find a server with a solid community and admins. it is not hard, especially when someone like me can find a "home" server.
  • {GGs} Chicken{GGs} Chicken Join Date: 2011-11-22 Member: 134663Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I agree with everyone else OP, basic features like this are out of the question. Find a server that has admins on 24/7 and play there instead.