[238] Shades constantly uncloaking (video)

SwatinemSwatinem Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164362Members
Here is a small video of the problem: http://www.twitch.tv/swatinem/c/1884384

The shades all over the map were constantly uncloaking and recloaking, as if they were taking damage. But they were not. They were perfectly cysted, no Observatory near them, not taking any damage.

Comments

• ChickenbombChickenbomb Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164648Members
    Glad I'm not the only one that sees this happen.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2013
    thx!
    did others notice this as well?
    was the server running mods?
  • ChickenbombChickenbomb Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164648Members
    I've seen it happen on TBG servers, and we don't run mods.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    it can happen if the shade is dying from a broken cyst chain.
    Did you notice this occurring?
  • SwatinemSwatinem Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164362Members
    Well its the same behavior as when the shade is taking damage, that’s right. Only that in this case, it wasn’t taking any damage. As I said, the cyst chain was fine.
    The server was unmodified as far as I know.

During the game, other players complained about other buildings not functioning correctly, like Whips not whacking away grenades or not attacking marines nearby at all.
    I need to add that it was in a 50 minute game where the whole map was spammed full of shades and healing stations. Our commander even said he was unable to place new structures due to “too many entities” :-D
  • noncomposmentisnoncomposmentis Join Date: 2004-11-13 Member: 32773Members
    I've noticed this on servers that have a high load. It has been going on since beta. I don't know if it is related to a laggy server or not that's just the association I made. Drifters will cloak and decloak as well.