Mod Deletion

AnarchyAngelAnarchyAngel Join Date: 2007-01-26 Member: 59758Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Please make a button to delete mods, my list is huge and its becoming unmanable.

Comments

• FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    Can't you delete them manually?
  • WildChickenWildChicken Join Date: 2004-08-25 Member: 30891Members, Constellation
    They're located in appdata/roaming/Natural Selection 2/
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    edited February 2013
    But to get rid of them completely you have to unsubscribe the mod from steam workshop (Only if you subscribe to the mod ) and then delete them from the above location. The only problem is you cannot tell which mod is which unless you enter every folder and look at the contents. Or you can just delete them all and it will auto download subscribed mods when you start up NS2.
  • GinasticGinastic Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168125Members
    I think you have to show hidden files to remove them
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    edited February 2013
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/4920/discussions/0/828924672593406310/

"It's a good question. I had the same problem. Here's what you do.

#1. Press Start button+R to open your run command in windows.
    #2. Write %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\
    #3. Delete the folder called "Workshop"

"If anyone else has trouble with this, When Santa says "Press Start button+R," opening the start menu and searching for %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\ will bring up the workshop file."

Everything you've subscribed to will then re-download when you restart the game, and all the old outdated stuff will be removed. It greatly improved the performance of my game aswell. "

So make the mod un active, turn off subscribe in community page, do the above and voila, clean mod list.
  • ReubotReubot Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162374Members
    How about an option to prevent random servers from uploading me useless crap like pink shotguns?
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    edited February 2013
    Reubot wrote: »
    How about an option to prevent random servers from uploading me useless crap like pink shotguns?
    Preventing a mod from being downloaded is meant to make your client fail the consistency check, so that should not be possible.

A list of mods that a server requires to be downloaded visible already in the server browser would be better so you can make the decision before joining. At this time any yellow colored server could mean absolutely anything from pink rifles and skulks to NS2Stats support, which isn't that great.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    In case this thread hasn't made it clear already, yes, there needs to be a delete option in the Mod menu.
  • AnarchyAngelAnarchyAngel Join Date: 2007-01-26 Member: 59758Members, Reinforced - Shadow