Player Score Splash Screen Post game

butterbutter Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177368Members
Every other game I have played had a player score splash screen after the game. Why does NS2 not have this feature? All too often I forget to see my score because the game ended. I would really enjoy getting some feedback about my game afterwards. I don't think it would be too difficult to implement. What do you guys think?

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    because it's a team game, not a score game. the real outcome of a game is whether you lead your team to victory, not if you got 1000 score.
  • kingkrabbe.#bofkingkrabbe.#bof Join Date: 2012-10-21 Member: 162892Members
    I'd also like to see more feedback after round end. It can be score and K/D per player, but I'd like to see some other statistics (most damage to players: player1 most buildings killed: gorge2 the miner: player3, ... you got the idea, and there is a mod for that afaik)

@AuroN2 ok, but then: why the score table ingame? =)
  • rook2pawnrook2pawn Join Date: 2008-07-03 Member: 64552Members
    i believe this is a "nice-to-have". there are ongoing refinements in the core engine, balance issues, mapping, future content. Who knows? I can't say what the dev-schedule looks like, but
    yes, this is nice to have but largely irrelevant. Sorry if this sounds obvious already. I can say though, you have a point in that hlstats for NS1 was a major feature that drew alot of users, someway to record on a website a permanent record of your performance. This kept NS1 healthy for many years! Of course it was not "the main draw" that kept the hardcore fans active, but it was another influence in keeping interest years after.
  • butterbutter Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177368Members
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    because it's a team game, not a score game. the real outcome of a game is whether you lead your team to victory, not if you got 1000 score.

I agree. But even in team sports there are MVP awards and statistics after the game. Obviously K/D ratios don't matter much; but your overall score does. It's nice to see how you actually did compared to your other teammates. It may not be a high priority on the dev's list but I feel like it at least should be addressed as a desired feature.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    well when they change the score around so you get much more score for team efforts than kills, puchure i'd like to see this. but as it is now? No.