Major Game Bug?

rmbrown09rmbrown09 Join Date: 2012-10-17 Member: 162592Members
So across 4 servers this morning on different maps with different people I experienced the same bug.
** Team and all chat do not work, once you enter text and hit enter, nothing appears.
** Can't buy anything as marines, or get exos
** Can't evolve as Aliens

This is a hard bug to diagnose because you can't just ask who is experiencing it. You have to have a mic otherwise no one can communicate the problem is happening. The telltale signs (besides the group of people with mics reporting the same thing) is the huge res pools on the team. For example late game our team was dominating aliens. However half of the team was sitting at 100 res. We couldn't buy anything. These weren't rookies either. Saw this on aliens a few times as well with a large number of people floating tons of pres as a skulk. Anyone else getting this?

Comments

• sadpandasadpanda Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183574Members
    This is happening to me. not sure what to do to fix other than re-install of the game. Happened after the gorgeous update.
  • sadpandasadpanda Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183574Members
    Im sad.panda - a pretty well known player on west coast servers. Will stop playing NS2 until this gets addressed.
  • JaggedBladeJaggedBlade Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31619Members, Constellation
    Definitely happening to me a lot. Last game I played, 5 marines had 100res by the end because they couldn't buy any equipment
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Best to ask people to disable all mods to make sure. This kind of thing really smells like a mod conflict.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Need more info.
    Server name, server mods, errors in console??

Haven't seen this on vanilla servers yet, and it hasn't happened in the internal build for the last month. First I've heard of this.
    Please provide as much info as you can, including reproduction steps if applicable.
    Thanks
  • AndymacAndymac Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183572Members
    i went into training explore mode then joined another server it fixed it for me
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    sadpanda wrote: »
    Im sad.panda
    Nobody cares.
    a pretty well known player on west coast servers
    Nobody cares.
    Will stop playing NS2 until this gets addressed.
    Nobody cares.

Sheesh.
  • ZaidChamp8ZaidChamp8 Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183538Members
    edited March 2013
    I have had all of the problems you are having except I have experienced an additional problem (which I made a thread about in tech help). Whenever I have the problem where I type something into chat and press enter then nothing happens I try to go commander and it will not let me place down ANYTHING. This is so frustrating I hope it gets fixed.

Edit: Is general discussion where I should post problems of this nature? You have lots of replies and I posted in technical support and no one replied to me.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I saw this happen to a teammate today.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Do these servers have DAK mod it? I had it on and someone complained to me. After I removed it I have not had anymore complaints.

try my server, it is unmodded currently. Not entirely sure it was DAK though but took it off to eliminate the possibility.

gforgrenade.com *EAST COAST USA*

Let me know if you still have issue there.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2013
    Zaid I'll get to your post when I get home later tonight.
    Tech support is the best place to report bugs, or email me. Ironhorse@unknownworlds.com
  • RautapalliRautapalli Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72710Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    This has happened to me a couple of times too. Can't remember what mods the servers were running though. I don't know if it happened to the entire team or not, I could never ask since chatting was not possible, I always just left the server at that point.

Oh and should probably mention that it happened before gorgeous, I haven't had it happen in build 240 yet.
  • SynVisionsSynVisions Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Zaid I'll get to your post when I get home later tonight.
    Tech support is the best place to report bugs, or email me. Ironhorse@unknownworlds.com

There are two separate threads about this in tech support that have not received responses from anyone at at unknown worlds, so maybe not. :)

A lot of people are experiencing this issue FYI.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/128586/bug-unable-to-evolve-in-online-games
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/128611/can-shoot-can-pickup-weapons-cannot-buy-anything-cannot-f4-ect
    Both threads were posted today.
    I volunteer my time in there, so you may wait longer than that for tech support.
    But for now, i'm getting to it like i promised. :)