NSL Invitational Round 1 - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited March 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageNSL Invitational Round 1 - Natural Selection 2

Team Cocorico
Godar
All-In
Archaea
Mercury
Nexzil
Breakfast Klub
Vetus
Damage Networks
coolclan
Saunamen
Be BAGUETTE myfriend
Duplex
HBZ
Inversion
Precaching

Read the full story here

Comments

• godriflegodrifle Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58815Members
    Is this going to be played on the latest build?
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    As the map with the timezones states "first person spectating", then yes, we can assume it will use the latest build.
  • RainyCaturdayRainyCaturday Join Date: 2013-02-19 Member: 183202Members
    Glad to see this posted but I wish these great casters were covering more matches.. 3 matches out of a TON that are going to be played tomorrow.

I know there are other casters doing them but I love the official casts.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Playoffs are sunday, not saturday.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    godrifle wrote: »
    Is this going to be played on the latest build?

they're going to wait a few centuries until someone invents a time machine, then they'll travel back to last month and reschedule all of the matches to fall prior to b240.

or alternatively they could just play the latest build.
  • MorshuMorshu Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155539Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh yes I'm excited about what strategies/tactics competetive teams are gonna try to pull with the new additions.

ESPECIALLY excited to see if the 'regular' EXO suits are going to be put to use with the new improvements for those and such atleast I feel the 50 Pres you pay for the railgun EXO suit is well worth the price with it's high mobility along with the railgun. x)
  • JAMESEARLJONOSJAMESEARLJONOS Join Date: 2012-12-15 Member: 175155Members
    Morshu wrote: »
    Oh yes I'm excited about what strategies/tactics competetive teams are gonna try to pull with the new additions.

Strategies and tactics will include not using gorge tunnels because of the absurd cost, and generally dying before they could research them anyways due to broken skulk movement.

You're only going to see alien wins today in the absolute biggest of mismatches skill wise.
  • ShinoShino Join Date: 2012-11-26 Member: 173316Members
    Strategies and tactics will include not using gorge tunnels because of the absurd cost, and generally dying before they could research them anyways due to broken skulk movement.

You're only going to see alien wins today in the absolute biggest of mismatches skill wise.

Your metagame is three days late.
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    edited March 2013
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    That map with the global starting times is very nice indeed.
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Glad to see this posted but I wish these great casters were covering more matches.. 3 matches out of a TON that are going to be played tomorrow.

http://www.ensl.org/articles/749 Here's a list of almost every match today. I think we only missed a stream on a couple of them.

• tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    Zefram wrote: »

http://www.ensl.org/articles/749 Here's a list of almost every match today. I think we only missed a stream on a couple of them.

most matches resulted in a 2:0 win.

the verdict = better strategy can almost completely replace the botched skulk acceleration.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    The stream was great, even made the front page of Twitch for a bit. Shot us up to 800-1600 viewers.

Some viewers didn't know what game it was and were pretty impressed with it. The NS2 players kindly pointed them towards the 50% off Steam page.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts

"Damn I was completely wrong about that and my ridiculous offhand statement about balance really looks silly now."
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Saunamen didn't 2-0 Nexzil o_o
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    Archaea wins again go next