Do anyone else's Clog walls look like a cow pie after 241?

WillRobinsonWillRobinson Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183757Members
edited March 2013 in Technical Support
Glad the skulk bug is gone but it seems much more difficult to make a proper Gorge wall with the new patch. Anyone else notice this and is it wad?

Comments

• PremonitionPremonition Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177620Members
    Yeah I noticed it doesnt like them being placed vertically ontop of each other. No idea how this got altered.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2013
    Just before 241 went out I was placing them normally specifically testing them. Please post a video of your issue.

--Moved to Tech support--
  • Llama2000Llama2000 Join Date: 2010-02-14 Member: 70567Members
    Just to chime in with this one, no video to hand but clog walls are definitely trickier to set up, attempting to place them totally vertical just gets an unplaceable red clog placement graphic for me. This was across multiple maps and locations. It seems the only way to place them is like so:

Gorge> \ <clog wall.

I'll grab a video tomorrow evening if no one else manages.

Hx
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Thanks looking into this
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    yeah I had this as well, nearly every wall I try to put up, comes leaning over towards me...makes it easier for a marine to pass, and more difficult for aliens.
  • YoungTrotskyYoungTrotsky Join Date: 2007-03-09 Member: 60307Members
    edited March 2013
    It seems like you can only place clogs on top of existing ones if you lean them towards you, you can actually go to the other side of the wall and do the same thing, but cannot stack them on top of each other vertically:

• WoollySammothWoollySammoth Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183062Members
    Have you tied looking down, jumping and placing a glog beneath you before you fall? I've used this earlier today to get up to high vents :p
    Yeh that doesn't seem to work, not really a valid solution either....
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    TY for that video ,young
  • KalibosKalibos Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183589Members
    I hope this is a bug and not an intended thing. It burns my ass to no end. I used to be able to get walls up in only a few seconds, but now it takes at least ten since I have to be standing on top of the clogs where I want the next one to go.
    edited March 2013
    I assume the range at which you can place clogs, either absolute range or some interplay between range and angle, got changed - hopefully by accident and will be reverted since this is very annoying.
    Placing clogs is still a problem in b243. Only way I can see to place clogs vertically on top of each other is to stand on top and place it underneath you, obviously not ideal when there is a marine on the other side...
    It's known and reported :)
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    It's known and reported :)

Good :)

It would be nice to see these things from somewhere so people wont make the same threads of the same bugs after every patch.
  • FarrenFarren Join Date: 2005-03-13 Member: 45065Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    Noticing it in playtests, I hadn't spoken up because I assumed it was a feature which hadn't been mentioned specifically. Stacking clogs usually leads to a small ledge between them where a marine can jump up and over the wall, and by placing new clogs a bit to the side, you can angle the wall towards approaching marines and prevent their jumping over while still allowing yourself to exit the base.

My bad :P
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Farren wrote: »
    Noticing it in playtests, I hadn't spoken up because I assumed it was a feature which hadn't been mentioned specifically. Stacking clogs usually leads to a small ledge between them where a marine can jump up and over the wall, and by placing new clogs a bit to the side, you can angle the wall towards approaching marines and prevent their jumping over while still allowing yourself to exit the base.

My bad :P

Omg booo. get the tar & feathers!

I mean.. happens to us all.. no worries