First person spectating is terrible

despairdespair Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165746Members
edited March 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
there isn't any point in first person spectating someone if you suspect them of aimbotting because the speccing system is terrible. it isn't representive of the person's aiming AT ALL. it isn't smooth and it makes the player look like hes randomly flicking his mouse even though he isn't. it makes people look like they're aimbotting when they're not.

Comments

• PseudoKnightPseudoKnight Join Date: 2002-06-18 Member: 791Members
    I'm not going to say it can't be improved, but I see similar issues in other games all the time.
  • irEricirEric Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172615Members
    how about aimbotters rarely miss?

Spectating is good so far. It'd be nice to have damage numbers though.
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    better than nothing and yes I want HLTV :D
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Have you considered that perhaps everyone is using aimbot... seriously though, hopefully it will be improved.
  • kingkrabbe.#bofkingkrabbe.#bof Join Date: 2012-10-21 Member: 162892Members
    I have to agree with despair, although I believe it was better in 240.

now, it hurts my eyes. I even spectated one lerk which was flickering between somewhere far under the map (clipping) and his normal view constantly.

somehow, switching camera type to thrid person doesn't work for me.
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation

First person spec replaced 3rd person.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I randomly flick my mouse occasionally...
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    despair, are you the spoiled child of a millionaire, or just a troll?

(need a detox after looking at his spoiled brat/troll post history)
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    Regardless, it does need work. If it's going to be shown off at Germany on the front page of Twitch making it accurate to where the player is actually aiming should be a priority before that final.
  • NousWandererNousWanderer Join Date: 2010-05-07 Member: 71646Members
    You can still tell when someone is aimbotting.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Its not perfect I admit, but I much prefer to spectate in first person then in free roam or birds eye view.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    Your threads titles are terrible Mr Despair.
  • kingkrabbe.#bofkingkrabbe.#bof Join Date: 2012-10-21 Member: 162892Members
    lwf wrote: »

First person spec replaced 3rd person.

Didn't one of the devs said that you could switch the camera type by pressing Spacebar or something?

I can't switch to any other camera mode. But maybe that's only for real spectators and not for dead teammates.

• WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    yes king, other spec modes are only available to actual speccers
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2013
    As people mentioned here it is still quite useful to spot potential aim-botters or wallhackers. Also I'm not seeing the issues on legit players, there is no random flicking and it is quite smooth from what I can see. Random flicking isn't aimbotting btw, it's all part of legit aiming as well. Aimbotting can be identified by perfect target snapping or tracking perfectly through walls...

What you're seeing btw, is what the server sees. No-lag compensated. And as such I see no need for this thread.

Locked...
This discussion has been closed.