How Do You Build A New Base As A Commander?

xxHowwiexxxxHowwiexx Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11677Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Commader</div> How do you build a new base as a comader? ie. at enemy hive, When i try to put turrets near the hive the icon glows red showing that i can not build it there.

Comments

• NinjaBurgerNinjaBurger Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9931Members
    Turrets red = you didn't build a turret factory first.
  • LucidLucid Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10534Members, Constellation
    edited December 2002
    In order to build turrets you have to first build a turret factory. Then you can only build turrets in about a 50 foot radius around the factory. If you want to build turrets near the enemy hive, you'll have to build a factory near there.
  • Y3tiY3ti Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7853Members
    Also if there is a levelo of water around the hive, you cannot build there... I dunno why.. it just doesn't like it.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    The <a href='http://www.natural-selection.org/manual/techtree.html' target='_blank'>tech tree</a>, straight out of the NS manual.
  • The_SpectreThe_Spectre Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9212Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Comprox+Dec 31 2002, 05:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Comprox @ Dec 31 2002, 05:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The <a href='http://www.natural-selection.org/manual/techtree.html' target='_blank'>tech tree</a>, straight out of the NS manual.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Excellent tech-tree, Comprox. I'm sure that's exactly what led howwie astray. This tech tree makes it seem like you only need to <i>have</i> a turret factory to build turrets.

The turret factory isn't really a factory, you should think of it more as something that supplies the turrets around it with power and ammo. You can only build turrets within a radius of the turret factory, and, also very important, when the turret factory is killed, the turrets stop shooting.

Basically, you have to build a TF at the new location, and make sure the turrets cover all sides of it, so skulks can't get behind it and eat it.