Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Dear Unknow World Studio

You guys should sale 60% because many gamers on Steam chart show that are under 10$

Counter Strike series get alot of money and a huge community >> its cheap and under 10$

Just a bit more after this free weekend +60% sale dev team can see the big differrence

Thank you for listen humble gamer like us

What the literal ...?!

"OMFG 50% is so crap"

Seriously?

I think you misunderstood him. He believes that getting the price below $10 will get a lot of response from buyers.
    And he's not wrong, either, games that break the $10 slot show up in a special category on Steam, which is very popular for thrifty buyers.

The question is, will UWE gain more or less money with a 60% cut? Valve has claimed in the past that deeper cuts result in deeper profits almost universally. I'm not sure if it still happens to this day, though. It's all up to the economical analyst over at UWE to determine what they are comfortable with, and how much they trust the current market trends.

Anyway, the point of my rambling is that the guy you are offended at is not being greedy/whiny. I'll bet that he already has he game, and just wants it to sell even more. :)

Hmm yes, I may have misunderstood him, then, it could have been written more clearly, though - it sounded like a horrendous whine!
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    NoxZA wrote: »
    At what time will the free weekend launch? I had a friend check and it's not up yet.

Asking since I would like to make posts on other forums but only when it's live so people can immediately start downloading :)

I'm guessing 4pm Pacific Time since that's when the midweek madness sales stop

• peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    System wrote: »
    Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend - Natural Selection 2<br />
    A Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend will take place between Thursday, 21 March and Sunday, 24 March. During this free weekend, which is PAX week, NS2 will be 50% off!<br />
    Read the full story here

The woodwind instrument made that trailer extra awesome.

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    That art better be a target render for NS3.
  • FarknutFarknut Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184065Members
    edited March 2013
    This is gonna be the last stand in terms of increasing the player population drastically. Hope it works. Still a bit worried given the current state of skulks though. Noobs aren't gonna like aliens one bit.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2013
    That art better be a target render for NS3.

NS2FreeWeekendBanner-596x335.jpg

That art is with the in-game NS2 models.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    edited March 2013
    Dunno if others will do this bit for the weekend I intend to change my name to 'vetNS2player' or 'askme4help' so that boobsnoobs with questions might get the advice they need.

I hope others will follow suit!

Edit. Lolz.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Its on steam now! Tell all your friends!!!

Let's get the ball rolling.
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Performance def increased a bit. If there are around 1-2 more performance improvements like we saw in 242, it would definitely push NS2 into a really good place to be in terms of performance. I mean it took them what 20 days to get these enchantments out after the Gorgeous patch released? If only they focused on performance for another month 8->
    We are still actively focused on performance, and have some very promising improvements in the works.
    Was the infestation change what Steve was working on or is that still one of the super top secret improvements? (It was mentioned a while back he was working on something substantial at a low level, can't remember where)
  • TwiStErTwiStEr Join Date: 2008-11-10 Member: 65415Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    can somebody post the steam announcement ... a pic of the popup, since we cant see it once u own the game ...
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    TwiStEr wrote: »
    can somebody post the steam announcement ... a pic of the popup, since we cant see it once u own the game ...

Its on the steam store front page in the spotlight section. http://store.steampowered.com/

Here is the steam news story: http://store.steampowered.com/news/10200/

If I can get the update news popup to show I'll snag a screenshot and post it later. I'm usually able to get them to show even if I own the game with a steam restart.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Note to all you pub heroes out there: whenever during the free weekend you obliterate a team full of rookies, be sure to switch sides the following game and stomp them again, so they'll know it wasn't any game imbalance that screwed them, just you. :)
    Neoken wrote: »
    Note to all you pub heroes out there: whenever during the free weekend you obliterate a team full of rookies, be sure to switch sides the following game and stomp them again, so they'll know it wasn't any game imbalance that screwed them, just you. :)

Also politely point out what they were doing wrong if you get the chance. i.e. ground skulks. GROUND SKULKS EVERYWHERE.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Industry wrote: »
    Performance def increased a bit. If there are around 1-2 more performance improvements like we saw in 242, it would definitely push NS2 into a really good place to be in terms of performance. I mean it took them what 20 days to get these enchantments out after the Gorgeous patch released? If only they focused on performance for another month 8->
    We are still actively focused on performance, and have some very promising improvements in the works.
    Was the infestation change what Steve was working on or is that still one of the super top secret improvements? (It was mentioned a while back he was working on something substantial at a low level, can't remember where)

There is more low level stuff that is being toyed with by Steve. So I would say 'no' :)
  • FluttershyFluttershy Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176015Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So what is stopping trolls from making multiple steam accounts and trolling the living hell out of this game this weekend?
    I really doubt anyone would bother with that to be honest
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Let's get the word out that this is a great game about aliens and marines.

... you know, just in case anybody might be looking for a game about aliens and marines. Because maybe they'd been hoping that a game like that might have come out recently. That was good. Like this one is.
  • FarknutFarknut Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184065Members
    edited March 2013
    The photo showed Steve working with what looked like the LuaJIT FFI. Remember that they dropped LuaJIT once already, so going back to it would be an interesting decision.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    How is this being promoted? I don't see anything on the steam homepage, and I don't see anything in the gaming press?
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    @moultano It shows up on the steam homepage under the 'spotlight' on the right. Yes, the order randomizes with each load so you may not see it every time. No idea what else is being done.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    For all who want some "normal" games the next days:
    Check our Ladder @ http://hbz-clan.de/player.php if you play some games over the last weeks on our servers.
    The Top500 players can join the server "Heidis Ziegenfarm [HBZ] - !!no regular = KICK!!"

Dont get me wrong, its great for UWE to have many potential new players.
    But from a player aspect, these are "horrible" days.

• ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Would it kill you guys to suck it up for a few days? Kicking people after they load could really hurt the new player experience.
    The servername should tell the people what happen if they try to join.

These "Free weekend" players are only meat for every half experienced player.
    You should thank me that 18 players on my server didnt slaughter these players on 18 other servers.
    In the end, both sides have a better experience.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    'haha look ima commmmmm'

:(((
    dePARA wrote: »

You should thank me that 18 players on my server didnt slaughter these players on 18 other servers.

I doubt many read server names.
    Why don't you just put a pw on it?

Anyway, wrong thread for this

• RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    Heidis Ziegenfarm [HBZ] is actually a win server! have epic ping and i played it like 45 hours in 3 days when it was Descent only :) best map out there
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    dePARA wrote: »

Nobody reads server names. I bet you guys see people getting kicked constantly. And the promotion hasn't even started yet.
    As i said, i wish UWE luck with this free weekend.
    But im tired to teach players again.
    And again and again and again.

We have 1200 servers and ONE server kick rookies. Wow, thats really bad publicity for sure.

Anyway. the topic is "Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend"
    And over this weekend my service for the vets is this server. Have fun.