The mic bug.

CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
Another widely known one that I couldn't find mention of in the known issues thread or any other recent thread. (other than this one which is a good 10 days old. In any case I want people to test this and see if I'm right.)

Alrighty so, based on some highly scientific surveying (myself and a friend), I believe that the bug known only as the "mic bug" occurs when you start the game from windows by clicking "Join Game" on a steam friend. It does not occur when you start the game and then hit "Join Game" from the steam overlay. At least, this is when it happens to me.

The bug I'm referring to is the one where you join a server and no one can hear you until you go into audio options and hit apply (without necessarily changing anything).

Can anyone test this out and confirm?

Here's my DxDiag just cause. Realtek standard stuff for audio.

Comments

• mclawlsmclawls Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183556Members
    It happens to me and I don't play with friends, I join through the in-game list. It seems to happen to me almost every single time I play, I've just gotten in the habit now when I load into a server of pressing ESC going into options and then back to the game where I can now be heard. I don't have to press apply or anything, just going to the menu seems to do it for me.

It's really annoying btw =)
  • NaughtyBoyNaughtyBoy Join Date: 2013-03-13 Member: 183940Members
    It happened to me more than once. I will try to reproduce the bug when I have time and post my findings here.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    mclawls wrote: »
    It happens to me and I don't play with friends, I join through the in-game list. It seems to happen to me almost every single time I play, I've just gotten in the habit now when I load into a server of pressing ESC going into options and then back to the game where I can now be heard. I don't have to press apply or anything, just going to the menu seems to do it for me.

It's really annoying btw =)
    Any clue what Soundcard/drivers you're running? I'm wondering if it's only happens to Realtek people or if that's not a common factor.
  • JCDJCD Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33150Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Happens everytime to me so.
    On a X-Fi Fatal1ty
  • rwsrws Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177696Members