F2P feedback!

mynameisdmynameisd Join Date: 2013-03-26 Member: 184439Members
Hello there :D
First of all i want to congratulate you on making a really nice game, it's been years since i played NS and NS2 didn't dissapoint, but after playing for free this weekend i found some issues with the game. You may want to look at these, some of them are my opinions others just some bugs, consider it some kind of repay for the f2p :D

General:
-make it more pronounced when player is taking damage, i died very often cause of this :p
-count assists... it makes it more attractive to support... there are also many times i have a kd of 0/4ish despite having made lots of damage.
-maybe healing done too, that is if a player healed you in context with a kill.

-Voice Comm:
it really needs some rework, make it like the battlefield 2/3 comm system where you just press a button and drag the mouse button towards the command, much faster and easier.
Also the pinging, like identify if it's a threat, or that you need a structure etc.
+A command for thanks.

Marines:

exosuits:

Hud:
-when you enter the suit theres a slight bug where you see out of it before the HUD animation appears. Perhaps there should be a proper animation when you enter it?
like you sitting down into the mech and lid closing on you.

-the navigational circle inside the suit seems purely cosmetic and serves no purpose, that's a shame :P it could atleast help you navigate or something... even at the cost of RES. For instance indicate if an alien is behind you or next to you.

-you can't see the health of the suit. The visual effects are nice when you receive damage but inconclusive, if i invest 50res i want to play safe. Onos can still see their hp.

-"melee suit" it would be nice if there was a suit with a flamethrower/fist, saw or two fists lol.

movement/accessibility:

-You can't exit it? i understand aliens because they evolve, but humans should be able to exit their suits, though it may have some consequences seeing how players can wield their suits... but i've played several games where i could have helped my team more if i was on foot.

-generally the ability to upgrade the suit after purchase.... say i buy a fist suit, i may want a minigun later right? or minigun/pulse.

-they cant crouch.. Onos can, nuff said. Sometimes it's handy to be able to do that!

-the ability to hold burst from cannon in....

-they should be purchased from the robotics factory..

-they should have sprint function.... using the jump energy.

robots:
there should be robots that carry ammo/health :p

Marines:

Movement:
-Theres no dexterity bar so i can't see how much sprint i got left...
-the sprint is hardly noticeable...

-Retain the ability to jump even with jetpack. When there are small obstacles i don't want to waste jetpack power.
If there was a shift modifier for space, or double tap.

Weapons:

General:
-Ammo/mods: It would be cool if there were different ammo types, like incendiary ammo, armor piercing, explosive etc.
And modifications like longer barrels, sniperscopes, thermal etc. it would really justify spending some time in the armory and using the UI it has. right now i only use it for healing and buying shotguns which i think is a shame :P.

Shotgun:
-needs a secondary, something is missing there, either melee or twoshot. If the rifle can have one why can't this?
-The model construction isn't as elegant as the rifle, nor is the drawing animation.
compared to the rifle which very elegantly folds out, also considering it's the future one would have thought it uses a clip rather than manually loading each round.

Pistol:
-pistol should be or have burst fire... considering how big and clunky it is one should think it packs a punch.
If the pistol can shoot so fast anyhow why not make it so? what would keep players from just making rapid fire scripts...

-the model seems clunky compared to the rifle. It doesn't fold out just a solid lump, the way one loads the pistol in draw animation seems awkward too.

Rifle:
-a burst fire function :P seems useful since ammo has to be conserved.
-World model should be viewed compact form like the one from draw animation and Same should be true for the other weapons.
-see how much ammo is inside a gun when you pick it up:
Often during combat you may need to switch guns fast, it would be nice to know if the gun on the ground has ammo, it would be a life save :D

-Grenade launcher upgrade. Make it able to launch grenades on Secondary, if you have purchased some.

-secondary should push away skulks.

Flamethrower:
-Should have a secondary, maybe forcepush just like pyro from Tf2?
considering it costs 25res you're still really vulnerable with it. It would also make sense from lore perspective.

Axe:
-secondary? make it throw-able!

structures:
-Phasegate control:
I find it frustrating to sit and wait for the right destination, especially if your base is being assaulted for instance.
Press E and choose which gate you want to port to, in case there are multiple.
Sometimes i couldn't move due to the situation and it just ported me automatically and i had to port like 10 times, really awkward.

-Players should be able to build their own turrets on the cost of res.
Sometimes turrets are useful but the commander doesn't want to waste his res.
I also find that theres not much else for marines to purchase early game apart from shotguns/wielders/mines.
If there was a player level turret that one could purchase it would be awesome.

-Player building repositioning. I know it's an insignificant detail, but sometimes it would be really handy if you could move some structures around(like turrets) rather than recycling them.

Aliens:

-Nerf shades lol, during the weekend i could only kill about 4 LOL.. I don't know if it's the speed or me being noob, but they seem a bit op.
I've seen these bastards jump around and decimate entire teams as if they do it daily, it's like an ONOS that moves fast and dodges bullets, imagine that.

skunk:
-the ability to see which way the torso is rotated. also rotate the screen, back in the days when NS was a mod it was much more engaging to play skulks this way :D at least make it a player choice, like mouse inversion.

-their secondary should deal some DOT, considering how much energy it uses.

George:
-the bugs he summons seem rather useless.. I've never killed anyone with them nor really found them as a threat :P they were okay at killing enemy structures though.
-he should go to the dentist

LErk:
-you cand land on empty air if its "blocked", like outside of the map on the Descent landing area.

-instead of the yellow goo aka Umbra, make a screech ability that uses sound like a weapon in a cone, and uses the sound from the T button.
it could retain the same function as now. Just seems more logical because it got wings.

Onos:
-Stomp:
as a CC it seemed a bit op. I think his Shift charge should knock people down, the stomp should throw people back and slow them.

That's just about all i could think off :D anyway let me know what you think, if there was anything useful at all :D

and most of all have a nice day! :D bitches

Comments