Quick question - can be locked after answered

GrizeenGrizeen Join Date: 2013-03-17 Member: 184036Members
Does anyone know the forum for the "Maverick" server? I was banned for a short period of time for asking and admin to kick the 4 spectators and instead got banned. I'd like to contact their forum, if it exists. Like the thread title said, this thread is more or less a question and can be closed after an answer.

Comments

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I presume you mean Mavick's server? I googled but couldn't find any forums, I'm afraid :( You can find @Mavick on these forums though, then you could PM him?
  • GrizeenGrizeen Join Date: 2013-03-17 Member: 184036Members
    yea, mavick, my bad.
    no answer from him/her...
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    Give it time. Some folks don't check the forums too often. :)

WTF THEY HAVE LIVES?!
  • MavickMavick Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168138Members
    edited March 2013
    NM, I see the PM. Magical things happen when you realize you're not logged in.
    edited March 2013
    and saying whatever, our admins can ban someone if people are in the RR and they don't want to join a team and you ask them to. but whatever, they can do it and not care. good luck with your server bud, and your abusive admins.
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well yes having wild admins on a server can be a downfall for it, got to watch who you give admin rights to.
  • Rich_Rich_ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167152Members
    if you give me admin i will get us to the moon within the decade.
    I think my admins do a fine job considering the server has run full 24/7 since the game's release. If you don't agree, however, don't play on my server, then you don't have to waste your time or mine trying to dictate to me in a harsh PM how I should go about handling my server. I'm sure there's plenty other server admins and operators who would love to have you tell them how to do their jobs.

.......or maybe not.
    edited March 2013
    *edit* just close the thread. server "operator" was PMed.
    Results of which:

Grizeen March 21
    I tried to get ahold of you about your servers... did you not get it? or just don't care?
    Mavick March 25
    Sorry, haven't been on the forums much lately. Describe what happened pls.
    Grizeen March 25
    OK, I was in the server and it was full (although it was 2am EST, so I doubt too many wanted to join but who knows) and I asked the four people in the RR (not afk, just talking) to join the game. Eventually an "admin" came in (used admin speak command) and asked what was going on and I told him/her that there were 4 ppl in the rr. he said that I was the only one complaining so he banned me. Sinfano was on the server at the time (I assume he did the adminning). I was trying to help fill your server but instead I got banned for a day.
    Grizeen March 25
    sinfano was also a guy in the RR
    Grizeen March 25
    er and I was under the name "BaronBadEgg". I can join the server now but I just wanted to let you know one of your admins is abusing/trolling.
    Mavick March 26
    K. I'm not going to get bent out of shape over a 24 hour ban, and honestly neither should you. I've told the guys to not tolerate any arguing from players, so adminning is a little heavy handed there, and for good reason. I wouldn't worry about people in RR. Alot of those guys do like to chat for a few mins after a game, and it's up to the admin on at the time to put up with it or not. Ultimately it's their responsibility to worry about stuff like that, but not yours. Your job is to come on and play and have a good time, not worry about stuff like that. Sorry this rubbed you the wrong way, but you'll find if you don't worry about policing the server and just play, you'll enjoy it a whole lot more.
    Grizeen March 26
    apparently you don't police your servers. whatever, shit server with shit admins. it's like saying 24 hour bans are nothing, any admin can do it for any reason. and no, they were in the rr the whole time. and yes, ive heard you're having problems with an admin of yours. I don't have a "job" anyway. and yea, it is my responsibility to worry about stuff like that because I got banned and it is YOUR job to make people on your server not be abused by an unnamed admin who did it bc he was one of the guys in the RR. I wasn't trying to get you bent out of shape, I was just notifying you of random abuse. good luck with your shitty admins and a shit server that is always stacked and constantly has people leave BC of that reason and the smurfing admins.
    Mavick March 26
    And with the attitude you just displayed to me, you honestly expect me to care that you got banned? Admins banning players for acting just like you did in that message is exactly what I encourage from them. Sorry you don't agree, I'm sure you'll have a fine time on other servers. And for the record, I determine what my job is regarding that server, not you, nor anyone else.
    Grizeen 1:17AM
    i displayed such attitude after you basically told me "eh, short ban, who cares?".... I didn't act that way on the server. but, being as ignorant as you are about your own admins, it apparently doesn't matter. and that thread I made - no one came to your defense. I won't be joining your server. and I'll tell others not to join your server as long as your admins abuse the power. I feel like that wont happen, with you running the servers.
    Mavick 1:27AM
    According to my admin, you did. In fact he even gave you a warning kick first as well. But you came back and ran your mouth just as you're doing to me. Don't come back to my server, because you're perm ban on site now. Good day.
    Grizeen 2:37AM
    Actually I didn't act that way until he kicked me. He kicked me without any reason. You are a douche, and I hope you die in a couch fire. I wouldn't want to play on your shit server with your shit admins. Good day.
    Grizeen 2:38AM
    (and I know you're having admin problems as it is)
    Mavick 2:41AM
    Actually I'm not at all. I told Sinfano he did a good job banning you, and next time make it permanent.

Yeah, nuff said.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    While it's probably not the best idea to air the dirty laundry here, I'm sorry I ever doubted you, Mavick. Some people don't understand the appropriate relationship between gamers and server operators :/
    Yeah, I wouldn't normally post a private message conversation. But honestly, it's about the third one I've gotten along these lines which basically boils down to a 3 year old throwing his toys out of the crib and crying because it has just absolutely got to be someone else's fault but their own.
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    You're both idiots, and your admin team, but you're allowed to be.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Grizeen wrote: »
    *edit* just close the thread. server "operator" was PMed.
This discussion has been closed.