Darkness and Noise - Open Game Development

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited March 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageDarkness and Noise - Open Game Development

Open game development is not just a state of being. If you don't engage an audience with rich media, is anything really open to anyone?

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to get comment thread to show up
  • KhazeKhaze Join Date: 2006-12-12 Member: 59031Members
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So I put a fishbowl over my crappy phone lens, but it didn't work. What gives? Do I need to find a flatter bowl?
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    Is the Brian presentation going to be YouTubed? I really enjoyed the Max one!
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Desther wrote: »
    Is the Brian presentation going to be YouTubed? I really enjoyed the Max one!

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Should be title "Professor's Max and Brian from Unknown Worlds University, telling it like it is!"
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    Nice post about 'open game development' and cameras.
    I always attributed this term 'open game development' to the term transparency. The company involved exposes a lot more of the decision making process. Due to the explosion of the internet and social media this exposes them to a direct feedback loop to their customers. NS2 may be niche but it is also more aware of the niche it is in than most companies that are niche or are creating niche products.