How do you have mods and still have server white color?

despairdespair Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165746Members
the NG servers for example are white color but they are running the dak server admin mod.

how do u do this?

Comments

• JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    That "yellow" flag will disappear in the next patch.
  • woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    JimWest wrote: »
    That "yellow" flag will disappear in the next patch.

SO new patch and dak still yellow. wuwt ?

:(
  • jorgamunjorgamun Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183703Members
    edited March 2013
    I have admin tools running on my server that aren't running in Lua.
  • woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    jorgamun wrote: »

Don't we all but does not answer, "SO new patch and dak still yellow. wuwt ?"
  • jorgamunjorgamun Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183703Members
    edited March 2013
    woody wrote: »
    jorgamun wrote: »

Don't we all but does not answer, "SO new patch and dak still yellow. wuwt ?"

I wasn't aware. What else is out there? I wrote my own external application to help with some administration on my server. You did the same?

EDIT: In case you are confused, my first comment was not a reply to you. It was a reply to the topic, and I was not attempting to answer you.
  • deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members
    edited March 2013
    I have DAK installed outside of the workshop and that's why it doesn't set a flag.

https://github.com/xToken/DAK

Just follow the instructions on that page with special emphasis on this section:
    Bypassing Mod Filter

NOTE - If you decide to load this from Server.lua to bypass mod filter, you will not want to add the ModID to the command line or MapCycle.json.

From GitHub Download the files and place them in your -modstorage location (default %APPDATA%\Natural Selection 2\Workshop)
    Once downloaded, you would want to merge them with your ns2/lua folder (there will not be any files overridden)
    From there, you will want to edit Server.lua
    On line 9, add the line Script.Load("lua/base/server.lua"), it should be before the line decoda_name = "Server"