Commander hotkeys sometimes unresponsive

YoungTrotskyYoungTrotsky Join Date: 2007-03-09 Member: 60307Members
This this has only started happening recently, sometimes when I select something as comm and then press one of the keyboard hotkeys or click on the grid with my mouse the button just won't work. For example I select the arms lab and press A to start weapons 1 upgrade, or click on the button in the grid, nothing happens. Or I select a group of ARCs, press Z to deploy them, click the button, nothing. It then usually works if I just select something else and then go back to it, but it's a real pain the ass and seems to happen very often.

As far as I can tell this doesn't affect selecting things to drop like buildings or meds and ammo, it only affects 'actions' that have to be done by what you have selected. I'm not sure if this also happens as alien comm, I can't remember it happening but I suppose there are fewer things like that to do as alien comm so maybe I just haven't noticed it. Has anyone else found this too?

Comments

• FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    I'll add that I often get this issue when I select a building with hotkeys, I cannot place it until I press Q W or E and then try to place the building again. No infestation was there, no message - just unable to place buildings.
  • EucomolhamasEucomolhamas Join Date: 2013-03-10 Member: 183841Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I get this A LOT while trying to use the hotkeys for alien upgrades, doesn't really slow me down, but it really annoying.
  • TomD22TomD22 Join Date: 2010-12-28 Member: 75995Members
    Yeah likewise. Also very often the ghost model of the structure I'm trying to place vanishes before it is placed (i.e. while moving it around to pick a spot) so I end up confused wondering if I mis-clicked.
  • KopungaKopunga Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    To me this is more a common appearance but rnd button mashing usually solves it so just spam some Q W E and it works in a matter of seconds (at least for me)
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Commander UI and stuff has been sub par for a long time.