Is refinery playable for anyone?

WillzZzWillzZz Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182667Members
I realize it's not a very popular map, but when it comes up on a pub it's practically unplayable. I can't hit anything as a marine due to the spikes down to 30 fps. Most maps run at 70+ and stay pretty stable. Is there anything being done to make this map at least PLAYABLE? Or perhaps a better question, what causes the massive slowdowns in refinery? Is it the lava or something? And if so, how come it's map-wide?

Comments

• MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    Refinery has been part of the official maps for quite a while and this is the first I've heard of this.
    Are there particular sections of the map when it dips down or are you saying you have 30 fps for the entire map?
  • Rich_Rich_ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167152Members
    no problems on this end
  • WillzZzWillzZz Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182667Members
    It's nearly the entire map? As with any map it spikes and changes. I don't play it much, as it's not very fun for me (at 30fps) and isn't a competitive map anyways so it never springs up in gathers/pugs. But I've never had a good experience on it. 30-40 fps for nearly the entire map. I tried it again the other day just to see, and it's just as awful as ever so I thought I would make a post. Maybe my map file is corrupted or something. The gap in fps is extreme.