Can't use crosshairs. Consistency fail

WillzZzWillzZz Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182667Members
As of yesterday/today...
If I have any crosshair mod subscribed and active I get a consistency failure. If I clear my appdata/workshop folder out, my game works fine. But the default crosshairs are... not my favorite. I've tried nearly every crosshair mod, and it works on SOME servers, SOME OF THE TIME. Perhaps worse, I don't have a 100% repro. I got a crosshair to work for ONE game. I cleared my workshop folder, subscribed to one mod (skie's magenta dot), joined the server, and it worked. I quit the server after two rounds. Rejoined the same server 10 minutes later and I failed a consistency check. Other than reinstalling ns2, I'm not sure what I can do. This is incredibly frustrating, especially because it worked perfectly for months up until just now.

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    If mods don't pass consistency checks usually they just get turned off and you join the server anyway, with defaults. So I have no idea what's going on here.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    The current steam workshop implementation is glitchy. I don't know why but that's what's going on here.
  • rwsrws Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177696Members
    Usually the easiest thing to do is to blame Steam, but in this case it actually is their fault to what your problem is. If you have problems with consistency check even when you know you have the latest version, the best bet is to try to reconnect again, or restart Steam. Whatever you can do to try to get Steam back in sync with the game.